PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The trip to Grays
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The trip to Grays  (Read 5008 times)

Little Miss Robin

Re: The trip to Grays
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

Sorry, just another post (Im getting carried away with this!) but just spotted GH at the Weymouth game! Hopefully getting some tips on both sides. Fingers crossed  :) 2-1 Burton now...thank goodness x

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 08:48:40 PM »

Why is everyone so convinces that we deserved to beat grays away from home?

I don't think anyone automatically expects us to win at Grays.....but it would be nice to attempt to do so.

Why is everyone down a guys throat who actually made the effort to travel to the game and still remains positive after?

I take my hat off to Ian J for travelling to Grays to watch Alty.
Frankly, the way we have performed for most of this season, it's been a struggle to walk to Moss Lane, never mind venture down South.

As if our set of players is good enough to be outside of where they are. They're part-time

Yesterday's Alty starting XI at Grays contained three full-time loan players and two players who spent half of the season as full-time players with Halifax.

they're paid more or less f*ck all

Seriously, what's your definition of "f*ck all"?
£200 to £300 per week?
In most cases, it's their second salary....and it is for playing football, after all.
Being married to a Chemotherapy Nurse and knowing what her job entails, I would say that she is paid "f*ck all" in relative terms considering the work she undertakes.

Im not saying its not GH's fault. But why is everyone so suprised, what a bunch of hypocrites. We're playing badly because we're bad full stop. Get over it, its been this bad for 3 seasons, and hopefully more.

I'm far from surprised by our current plight....but we could still salvage the situation.

Thanks Ian, I appreciate your opinion, and I value your positivity. Its a shame that the old guard of the forum are back to ganging up on the people who dont post that often.

I'm not old guard.....just more Home Guard a la Private Frazer.....but it's not a case of "We're all doomed" just yet, thankfully.

Oh, and may I state that I have no desire to visit Fleetwood next season....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 09:55:19 PM »

Read through all the Grays posts now and I would have to agree with the majority view.

The first half was simply the most clueless, tactically inept excuse of a performance that I can recall over the past 3 years. Playing Colin Little up front on his own against a monster of a centre half in Jamie Stuart (incidentally he was superb, amongst the best centre backs in the conference I've seen) was inexcuseable. As has been said by others this 'containment' strategy is all well and good at Exeter, Torquay etc, but a mid table outfit with nothing to play for when we desperately need the points it makes no sense, esp when we have the likes of Senior and Roca sat on the bench. Senior simply by running at them made things happen when he came on and Roca swung over a few good crosses too. The only conclusion anyone who watched the game could draw was that we are going to be relegtated.

Sorry for the negativity but the conclusion I have drawn is that we have the players but they are not being used in the right way. Our football is not appealling to watch and while I hope desperately that we stay up I just can't see it unless something drastic happens.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »

Spot on mate, nothing could be added to that.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 11:56:49 PM »

Oh, and may I state that I have no desire to visit Fleetwood next season....[/b]

Fleetwood Town or Notts County?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

Oh, and may I state that I have no desire to visit Fleetwood next season....[/b]

Fleetwood Town or Notts County?
There are some nice barmaids in Fleetwood's bar.
They really should be beating teams like us

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 11:54:51 PM »

I REMEMBER GOING TO FLEETWOOD FOR AN ALTY MATCH IN THE EARLY 1970'S

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

ahh fleetwood a small sleepy fishing village that used to be the non league equivalant of going to millwall whist wearing a west ham scarf
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The trip to Grays