PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This needs sorting and quickly
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This needs sorting and quickly  (Read 4879 times)

bighairedmike

Re: This needs sorting and quickly
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »

I only read the first post from Hughesy, you have it spot on mate. This season most of my posts have been negative but it is only because I would go so under watching Alty in that shi*e league, especially when I know if we played the right formation with the correct players in their natural positions we would not be in this position. We are in the shi*t and like I have said for months things need changing starting with dropping under performing players, but saying this we now have no cover without the likes on Logan, Cahill, Potts etc... those players should have been given more of chance, it was hard with Potts as he was strugling with injury but I am sure he would be flying down that wing now !!! The likes of Peyton, Toulson, Aspinal, O'Neil have been given numerous opportunites and have under performed, actually a bit harsh they are just simply not good enough for the league they are in.

Just on these 2 lines:

Peyton: Would you rather have someone that can run all match long and make a good contribution or someone that runs around for 20 mins possibly gets in a couple of good balls and then needs to be subbed?

Toulson: Not played badly at all. Dont see why you dont like him?

Aspinall: Not played since Nuneaton away and cant remember the last league game he played in before that. Aldershot but thats about it. Not one of the clubs biggest earners and its hardly his fault we are in the position we are in. Unfair in my opinion.

Joe: Is not a bad player. If he was why would league clubs have looked at him last summer? Always going to be one of those players that people jump on when things go wrong. Probably like one certain Carlos Logan you admire so much...

louise1925

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »

Don't think Warren's contribution has been too great lately. Hopefully, he'll get his confidence back soon. Joe is sometimes unfairly blamed for our losses, but to suggest he may be good enough for the league is fantasy stuff! Agree that poor Aza can't be blamed at all for our present situation. I'm afraid that Ryan Toulson has looked lost for quite a while, which is a shame given his initial contribution. Nevertheless, they are all Alty players and we must give them 100% support from now until the bitter end.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »

Next seasons new arrivals potentially to the BSNorth

Stafford, Droylsden, Fleetwood, Witton

Possible new arrivals to the BSPrem

Lewes, Eastbourne, Kettering, Telford, Wrexham, Notts County.

No brainer.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 11:57:47 PM »

Just on these 2 lines:

Peyton: Would you rather have someone that can run all match long and make a good contribution or someone that runs around for 20 mins possibly gets in a couple of good balls and then needs to be subbed?

Aspinall: Not played since Nuneaton away and cant remember the last league game he played in before that. Aldershot but thats about it. Not one of the clubs biggest earners and its hardly his fault we are in the position we are in. Unfair in my opinion.

Joe: Is not a bad player. If he was why would league clubs have looked at him last summer? Always going to be one of those players that people jump on when things go wrong. Probably like one certain Carlos Logan you admire so much...

1) Point one 'good contribution' ..... I'll ask you, like I've asked someone a few weeks back, what contribution has Peyton done, name me three goals he has set up this season as a winger ??????
2)' couple of balls and needs to be subbed ???' you refering to Logan ??? if so let me tell you something.... we are part time, if you do not know that already????, train twice a week and work the rest. So if you do not get a run you will always blowing in this league - do people not realise that ???? oh its fu*king stroll in the park isn't it, it may look that way when you are watching players like Joe O'Neil!!!
3)Toulson - yeah not that bad , but again he has only set one goal up. We need fast, skillful wingers. Not someone who can play as right back or right wing !!!
4)Aspinal- again unfair as he did not pick himself, if he did then he needs a head check. His quality is way below !!!
5) Joe O'Neil - People please wake up ( heart is there ) but there's not strength, talent, movement, finishing, do I realyy need to go on ???

All may seem harsh but fu*k sake all face reality please. Yeah I agree with getting behind the team but my attitude is gfet behind the right team not old school players who may run 90 mins but at the end of the day we keep losing. WAKE UP OR WE ARE GOING DOWN !!!!

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:29:06 AM »

I agree after 3 yrs in the BSP we need to kick on and find some way to compete.

The phrase "we just need to be willing to take the risk with it" is a bit worrying though!!!!!

We need a mix of top part timeers (coburn little and others of that calibre with 6 full timers who are on one season deals....maybe prospects from County or Bury?

we are nearly there with the loan deals we have had but they can go at a minute's notice leaving us short.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »

Next seasons new arrivals potentially to the BSNorth

Stafford, Droylsden, Fleetwood, Witton

Possible new arrivals to the BSPrem

Lewes, Eastbourne, Kettering, Telford, Wrexham, Notts County.

No brainer.

ooh the prospect of an away at lewes, the home of harveys, is surely the spur we all need
 :P

Altyant

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »

Just on these 2 lines:

1) Point one 'good contribution' ..... I'll ask you, like I've asked someone a few weeks back, what contribution has Peyton done, name me three goals he has set up this season as a winger ??????
2)' couple of balls and needs to be subbed ???' you refering to Logan ??? if so let me tell you something.... we are part time, if you do not know that already????, train twice a week and work the rest. So if you do not get a run you will always blowing in this league - do people not realise that ???? oh its fu*king stroll in the park isn't it, it may look that way when you are watching players like Joe O'Neil!!!
3)Toulson - yeah not that bad , but again he has only set one goal up. We need fast, skillful wingers. Not someone who can play as right back or right wing !!!
4)Aspinal- again unfair as he did not pick himself, if he did then he needs a head check. His quality is way below !!!
5) Joe O'Neil - People please wake up ( heart is there ) but there's not strength, talent, movement, finishing, do I realyy need to go on ???

All may seem harsh but fu*k sake all face reality please. Yeah I agree with getting behind the team but my attitude is gfet behind the right team not old school players who may run 90 mins but at the end of the day we keep losing. WAKE UP OR WE ARE GOING DOWN !!!!

Can you name me three goals that Carlos Logan made as a winger?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »

Carlos never started three games in the row. You give him the games Peyton had this season, it would not even been close !!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 09:42:29 PM »

Has there been any proof of that in the games he HAS started?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This needs sorting and quickly