PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future of Altrincham F.C.?

Poll

Ken McKenna is available and the club is at an important crossroads. Do we try to bring him in while we've got the chance?

Yes
- 40 (74.1%)
No
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The future of Altrincham F.C.?  (Read 6558 times)

Alty365

« on: March 15, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »

joe

Re: The future of Altrincham F.C.?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

yes yes yes but we all know its not going to happen because Heathcote has got the safest job in football

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 09:25:21 PM »

As much respect as I have for GH, simple question: who is the better manager?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »

We will only know if Ken is given a go, he comes to Moss lane often, he must ave an idea what is happening?

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »

People are saying "No" but not giving reasons. Please say why!

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 11:47:27 PM »

I voted no because i don't believe anyone is as committed to the club as Graham.  He is far more than just a manager.  He got the club into the BSP and has kept us there with no money and only part timers and loan signings.  Luck has played a major part in the fight against relegation in recent years and it will probably do so again this season, but the fact that Altrincham are still in the BSP is an amazing achievement and mainly thanks to Graham.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »

I voted no because i don't believe anyone is as committed to the club as Graham.  He is far more than just a manager.  He got the club into the BSP and has kept us there with no money and only part timers and loan signings.  Luck has played a major part in the fight against relegation in recent years and it will probably do so again this season, but the fact that Altrincham are still in the BSP is an amazing achievement and mainly thanks to Graham.

This attitude is going to hold the club back. There comes a time when you have to draw a line under certain things and move on. Common sense says it's time for Kenny.

You cannot repeatedly reprieve a failing manager based on luck! Tell me one other industry or business that would tolerate such failure year after year.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:51:26 PM by Alty365 »

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »

i vote no at the moment because i think you have to look at how good our players our compared to other teams  and how much GH can influence that,
he should be judged on decisions he's made tactically however and that is something he can be negative on, he likes to keep it tight which bores people,
if KM comes in the summer then let him re-shape the side to his liking think thats the way forward

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 12:16:17 AM »

This attitude is going to hold the club back. There comes a time when you have to draw a line under certain things and move on. Common sense says it's time for Kenny.

You cannot repeatedly reprieve a failing manager based on luck! Tell me one other industry or business that would tolerate such failure year after year.

I agree with Balders insofar as the club has benefited greatly from GH - he has been a great servant to the club and has done wonders on a minimal budget. Maybe that is his forte.

However, under the present circumstances, can he take the club further?

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »

I agree with Balders insofar as the club has benefited greatly from GH - he has been a great servant to the club and has done wonders on a minimal budget. Maybe that is his forte.

However, under the present circumstances, can he take the club further?

Hence the question "The future of Altrincham F.C.?

To quote our current chairman, "The past does not equal the future".

Jacko

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 12:39:40 AM »

think GH mentioned holding talks with goodwin...should be interesting outcome

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 12:57:57 AM »

Actually, it's mainly thanks to Scarborough's financial woes; Canvey Town withdrawing from the league and Boston United's financial problems.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 09:03:06 AM »

I'd say no.  If (and I stress if!) a new man was to come in, I'd do away with appointing either an old boy or from within.  Although I doubt that will happen somehow.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »

Actually, it's mainly thanks to Scarborough's financial woes; Canvey Town withdrawing from the league and Boston United's financial problems.

I have to say that I find the way the events of 2005/6 are continually grouped with those of 2006/7 rather irritating. It's always being done on here, in programmes, media reports etc. and it isn't fair.

No-one would dispute that we got lucky last season with Boston's problems. But what happened with Canvey and Scarborough only affected us directly because of the Robinson affair. So we did get lucky in 2005/6 too but only after an enormous slice of bad luck. In other words, the luck evened itself out that season and in the end we got what we deserved based on performances on the field - staying in the Conference.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »

At this difficult time i am behind Graham 100% as i feel any changes at this point of the season would probably have the reverse effect. EG unsettling players etc.

I am as all of you worried though that we are once again staring down the barrell of relegation again.
Come on you red and white........
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team