PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hailfax to go into adminstration....and lose 10 points
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hailfax to go into adminstration....and lose 10 points  (Read 5835 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hailfax to go into adminstration....and lose 10 points
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 09:14:06 PM »

"The stand should be completed by the end of this year".

That's nice for them, however it has to be finished by the end of this f**king season (earlier than that in fact).

The Halifax statement is so full of holes it's unbelievable.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »

it seems to me that once again the rules are not fit for the purpose. the rules were drawn up on the assumption that clubs wouldnt want to go into administration. a little like people used to try anything they could to not go bankrupt. this is no longer the case and its now seen as an easy way to get rid of a crippling debt.
what is to stop anyone running up enormous debt, amassing enough points and then going into administration and wiping the debt off? the people at halifax clearly have money, they just dont want to honour their debts. the whole thing stinks

shaymen down under

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »

halifax fan here.

these debts are not recent debts, they are debts have been hangning over the club just after we entered into a cva in 2002, essentially when we went in administration back then. We had no sugar daddy to bail us out and basically had to pay something like  48p in the pound(which for a cva is a lot in the pound). Anyway basically a few so called fans(who are rich men) decided to loan the club amounts of money(which were turned into shares), and have not bothered to want their money back until this consortium basically started to try take over. this consortium has put a lot of money into the club, and yet they are still not in total control of the club.

Basically these cretins who supposedly are supporters of the club, want their money back with interest and one(ray moreland) issued a winding up order a few weeks back for the grand total of..........................£8000. They sniff a chance to get their money back and they are clmbing out of the woodwork. Our Proper creditors such as Inland revenue, etc, etc have been paid upto date by the consortium as is our current cva.

The consortium is calling the bluff of these so called creditors, and to me its interesting that we will not go into administration for another two weeks. I feel there will be some wheeling and dealing and that these ppl demanding all this money back will back down and take an offer suitable for all parties.

My aregument is surely no one in this day and age expects to make any sort of money out of football and lower league football at that, and if these men were true supporters of the club, they would have negotiated with the consortium in a far more civilised manner.

bigcol

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 10:11:43 PM »

Great informed post.
It's also not very fan-like to make a move which brings the threat of relegation to the club. They'll never see their money if the club ends up in BSN after being docked ten points. It's all very well and good saying they have a good team and wouldn't go down but stranger things have happened and we all know how the pressure of being amongst it can affect teams. 

shaymen down under

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »

i tihnk most halifax fans, just want a clean slate. our recent form has been quite good, and the game against torquay on tue was different class( we could have been up 8-0 after an hr). But the manager who basically is one of the few ppl that have access to the consortium even thinks this is the best way forward.

Chris Wilder has had a lot of sh*t to contend with in his 6yrs at the shay, and i think he wants everythng cleared away so he can start afresh.

to set it out for you.

we have no chairman
no commerical manager
and no facilites we can make money on.

Alty365

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »

i tihnk most halifax fans, just want a clean slate.

Our club and its fans spent five years wanting a clean slate but also accepted that it had to be earned through hard work and a lot of sacrifice. Too many clubs are taking the easy way out and exploiting a loophole riddled with dishonour and a lack of pride.

I am just glad we accepted our responsibilities and dealt with them in the right and proper way.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »

However much for the grace of god,, like haliax we have paid debts to the inland revenue / taxman, like halifax we have creditors(onld directors and the like) who could at any point ask for their money back, I feel sorry for Halifax and the position they are in, they are not trying to weedle out of paying for players or wages.  In the long term the club should consider reducing their wage bill make the club break even on supporter numbers, this is no crawley or northwich.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »

So... Could we end up in the crap if particular people come out and suddenly wanted their money back ? Or do we have legal protection as they most possibly 'wrote' the money off ? Bit worrying, what happens in the future if someone comes in with a bit of money say £500k to help the club for a few years then we are bombarded with writs ?
Interesting...

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 08:04:03 AM »

Just out of interest who do we actually owe money or have accepted money owed to someone wrote off ? My god thats a mouthful  ;D  I've only been following Alty since mid 90's, so i'm guessing Maunders and Berman

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »

There are not many clubs around like Alty who take the harder route and clear there debts off.

It is the FA who are to blame for these things happening not the fans.

Untill this loophole is closed it will go on and on and on.
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »

Just out of interest who do we actually owe money or have accepted money owed to someone wrote off ? My god thats a mouthful  ;D  I've only been following Alty since mid 90's, so i'm guessing Maunders and Berman

No, we don't. Nothing to worry about. Can't really give further details than that tbh.

James Black

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »

i tihnk most halifax fans, just want a clean slate. our recent form has been quite good, and the game against torquay on tue was different class( we could have been up 8-0 after an hr). But the manager who basically is one of the few ppl that have access to the consortium even thinks this is the best way forward.

Chris Wilder has had a lot of sh*t to contend with in his 6yrs at the shay, and i think he wants everythng cleared away so he can start afresh.

to set it out for you.

we have no chairman
no commerical manager

Basically your clubs in the sh*t unlike ours yorkshire won't exisit by the time this seasons over in the BSP

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 12:06:50 PM »

to set it out for you.

we have no chairman
no commerical manager

Basically your clubs in the sh*t unlike ours yorkshire won't exisit by the time this seasons over in the BSP

Apart from York, for instance!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

and Farsley.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »

And Harrogate Town
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hailfax to go into adminstration....and lose 10 points