PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Tonights Match Thread  (Read 13580 times)

louise1925

Re: Tonights Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:24 PM »

Hope's a lovely thing. I wish I had some!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2008, 09:31:15 PM »

We should still be above the relegation zone tonight and until we mathematicly can't stay up & the AGM is over we will always have hope (at least a little!)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »

Col's on a hat trick!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »

Full time. Weymouth 0-0 FGR

On the plus side tonight we have news of two new little Alty fans. That, at least, raises one's spirits!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:38:18 PM by Jennifers Dad »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »

FT 0-0 at Weymouth. 4 bookings and a SO for Farsley, 2 bookings for Muff.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

louise1925

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

Can't we just give £14000 to Grays in return for the three points? Tongue-in-cheek, before anyone takes it seriously!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »

Can't we just give £14000 to Grays in return for the three points? Tongue-in-cheek, before anyone takes it seriously!

;D

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »

Early on Crawley were not closing down and Altrincham looked very comfortable and in control. Joe O'Neill was holding the ball up well and turning defenders and Warren Peyton was getting past people and getting his passes away. There was lots of tugging and pushing in the Crawley area at set pieces and on two seperate occasions players were spoken to. Clearly the referee had said if it happens again someone's going in the book. So when it happened again O'Neill and Thomas got booked. Colin Little got involved in some arguing with the ref, so when he put in a heavy challenge a minute later he was pretty much asking to get booked.

Second half the wind had picked up and the game got scrappy. Acton failed to get a hand to a fairly soft daisy-cutter and after that Altrincham were struggling. A succession of Ryan Shotton long throws caused Crawley no trouble at all. Colin Little scored after the Crawley keeper ran to the touchline to clear the ball and missed it. All Little had to do was roll the ball to the goal area and tap it in. That made it 1-2. Shortly after Crawley got another. Then I went home. By the time I'd walked up the road it was 2-3. Blame the ref, blame the linesman, blame the wind if you want to, but that game was there for the winning and Altrincham, like the wind, blew it.

crossie

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »

The ref was crap, his yellow cards on Joe were a joke, the first one, their player was allover him. I do believe their second goal was slightly offside. All in all its been a game where most things have gone against us, and at this stage in the league it can't happen to the relgation teams.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2008, 10:01:54 PM »

Blame the ref, blame the linesman, blame the wind if you want to, but that game was there for the winning and Altrincham, like the wind, blew it.

The ref had a massive influence on the outcome of this game along with the liner. Joes second yellow was a foul but never a yellow and there second was clearly offside.

What passes for officials frightens me they cost us dearly today
ParkINson's red and white army

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 10:11:28 PM »

How about blaming the result on missed scoring opportunities and defensive errors instead of looking for excuses?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »

I'll be honest from here it's starting to look like we might need snookers, the utterly woeful home record has rebounded us as I always feared it would. 4 league home wins by Easter Monday must be some sort of unwanted record.

markecky

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »

How about blaming the result on missed scoring opportunities and defensive errors instead of looking for excuses?

Were you grinning as you walked across the road?

JT

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »

referee was a pissin joke, never seen such horrendous descisions to dish out 2 yellow cards to joe, his main stand linesman was no better, and crawley are a bunch of southern pricks. rant over.

Longman

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

How about blaming it on ATROCIOUS officials that ruined the game!?  No point trying to be noble about it, that disgrace of a ref cost us dear tonight!  I'm still livid!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Match Thread