PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Top Marks Geoff
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Top Marks Geoff  (Read 3456 times)

James Black

Top Marks Geoff
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »

Geoff backing of Grays and Mike wooodward wasn't just because Mike Woodward backed us when we were penalised by The FarscleAssociation but because the situation is about a big a joke as ours was why should a club that hasn't done anything wrong be fined 14,000. surely that wasn't the total amount of the players wage at the club so why are they been fined it. even if grays were forced to pay 14,000 where does that money go? Cause it certainly won't go to the player not that he deserves it for been a murderer. No we all know where it's going the FA's back pocket great

Refereeing standards falling

Football in crisis

definetly
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:39:08 PM by James Black »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Top Marks Geoff
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:12:47 PM »

Use one of these occasionally >>> . 

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:45:34 PM »

Geoff backing of Grays and Mike wooodward wasn't just because Mike Woodward backed us when we were penalised by The FarscleAssociation but because the situation is about a big a joke as ours was why should a club that hasn't done anything wrong be fined 14,000. surely that wasn't the total amount of the players wage at the club so why are they been fined it. even if grays were forced to pay 14,000 where does that money go? Cause it certainly won't go to the player not that he deserves it for been a murderer. No we all know where it's going the FA's back pocket great

Football in crisis

definetly

James,

Read the bloody thing please before you come on here and make a pillock of yourself.

Grays HAVE NOT been fined... they have been ordered to pay TO THE PLAYER money which , under contract law, he is entitled to because he was under contract to Grays at the time. The FA won't get the money

Before anyone starts, I don't think that it is right, morally, that they have to pay him but, as we all know all too well, morals and law seldom appear in the same hemisphere.

Also, just out of interest, could you explain your reference to refereeing standards? If this is in the context of the Sestanovich situation then you have bemused me more than normal

James Black

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:15:59 AM »

GRAYS WON'T PAY
As reported below, (in the BSP News section), Grays Athletic have been given until 19 March, or face what the Essex press calls a "suspension from all football", to pay £14K to a former player who was not paid wages by the club whilst awaiting trial on serious charges. The Grays chairman, Mick Woodward has issued the following statement:
I am bitterly disappointed in The FA's judgment; all they seem to want to do is take money from football clubs.

We are being forced to pay approx £14k to a player who only had 3 training sessions and 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly due to his involvement in a heinous crime which saw a young father shot in cold blood, unfortunately my principles will not allow me to pay this money from either my own pocket or from the clubs and the directors are of the same opinion, I feel sorry for the supporters of this club but I hope that you will back me on this decision.

The club currently has a counter claim going through the County Courts and an offer was made to The FA that they hold the money owed until such time that the case is bought to conclusion; however, they refused to even consider this and demanded that the money is paid directly to Mr Sestanovich.

So I'm talking rubbish am i well after you've read this please apologise as this clearly shows 1. Grays been fined and 2. that the money is going to a member of the fa

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 04:25:46 AM »

I am also backing the stance made by the Grays chairman.

When the law is an ass we can only get it changed by standing up...not by meekly saying well that's the law ho hum.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 08:43:06 AM »

James,

As your quotation clearly states in two different places that the money is to be paid to the player I am disinclined to apologise for being correct

Sorry about that

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

ATS, I think James is misinterpreting the section that refers to the FA 'holding' the money while the County Court judgement is being processed, I would imagine this judgement is by Gray's against the player. The FA have made a total mess of it, I know the FA cover clubs and players but isn't a legal wrangling like this a civil matter, therefore should be processed through the courts in due course ?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 10:35:30 AM »

Geoff backing of Grays and Mike wooodward wasn't just because Mike Woodward backed us when we were penalised by The FarscleAssociation but because the situation is about a big a joke as ours was why should a club that hasn't done anything wrong be fined 14,000. surely that wasn't the total amount of the players wage at the club so why are they been fined it. even if grays were forced to pay 14,000 where does that money go? Cause it certainly won't go to the player
not that he deserves it for been a murderer. No we all know where it's going the FA's back pocket great

Football in crisis

definetly[/list]

James-there is no murderer involved in this situation!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »

I'm not sure refereeing standards are falling either.

They've been on the floor for years have they really got any more falling room?

Nice handball missed by the ref in the boro cardiff match!...but he was facing the incident about 2 yards away...lets be fair.

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »

Just as an aside...who is this new Alty folklore  legend James Black?..he's come from nowhere, doesn't use punctuation and gets his posts printed in papers of repute....not sure if I'm entertained or annoyed by him so he's an enigma as well.

Has anyone actually met him?

I'm guessing he talks like a rapper.

I like Eckys Govt information picture taken from the topry campaign in 1978 trying to get us all to use more salt on our pizza to make sure we get our daily allowance and don't die of salt deprivation.

Alex

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

james is under the "e" of private (the one clapping)

James Black

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »

i've only missed 7 home games in last 3 seasons and non before then from 2000

markecky

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 07:25:20 PM »

Who the hell puts salt on a pizza?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile