News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grahame Rowley Edlines

Author Topic: Grahame Rowley Edlines  (Read 3798 times)

chrisrufc

Grahame Rowley Edlines
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

Four days after Graham Heathcote writes about the football authorities taking the passion out of football and Grahame Rowley complains about teenagers shouting things at the opposition supporters.  I was standing on the popular side at the time and I don't remember thinking that anything said was too bad in the context of a football match.  I suspect that his comments had to be said because the welfare officer had pointed it out and in Grahame's own words "as a Charter Standard Club we can not be seen to be tolerating this sort of behaviour" so he had no choice other then to mention it. 

I've become fed up with the FA fining it's clubs for minor things and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if clubs start to get fined for supporters showing a bit of passion and creating an atmosphere on the basis that the club didn't uphold the charter standard.  If I have to start singing nice pleasentries at the opposition fans or not sing at all  then I'm going to get really fed up with our beautiful game.  Enough said.

baldrick

Re: Grahame Rowley Edlines
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »

The club want to attract kids but only nice middle class kids not those rough boys from council estates.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »

The club want to attract kids but only nice middle class kids not those rough boys from council estates.
Council Estates?? Altrincham has no council estates, we have Government Owned Communes

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »

Council Estates?? Altrincham has no council estates, we have Government Owned Communes

broomwood , the grange and the brow all council estates although may have been taken over by housing associations ?

seasonticket

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 09:59:44 AM »

As a follow on from the points made by Graham in the programme I would like to point out one of the things now missing from football. In the 1950s/60s Refs, linesmen and players used to get, by todays standard, unbelievable stick from the crowd. Did they complain NO they just gave back as good as they got and got on with playing the game. When I say stick I mean some of the rudest comments imaginable. I remember one linesman telling someone, who had a go, very grapically what he would do with his flag if he came over the fence, and avery one had a laugh. 

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:59:39 AM »

I will be there Tuesday evening volleying abuse at Evans, if he don't like it tuff, if the club don't want me to shout at the game, tuff too !!

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »

I will be there Tuesday evening volleying abuse at Evans, if he don't like it tuff, if the club don't want me to shout at the game, tuff too !!

If you were to cal him a "Low life sub human, lying, thieving, obnoxious, scum-sucking, scrotal sack of a cheat," you will be ok as that is merely an observation rather than an insult.

Butty

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »

This is taking things too far. At the end of the day, between the fans it is mainlya  bit of banter and everyone has a laugh and gets on with life.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »

What was said then? I can't wait for Tuesday night, Evans and his equally obnoxious assistant Paul Raynor set the gold standard on foul mouthed, pointless, vitriol for 90 minutes. The Main stand will have it's work cut out.

Longman

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »

Four days after Graham Heathcote writes about the football authorities taking the passion out of football and Grahame Rowley complains about teenagers shouting things at the opposition supporters.  I was standing on the popular side at the time and I don't remember thinking that anything said was too bad in the context of a football match.  I suspect that his comments had to be said because the welfare officer had pointed it out and in Grahame's own words "as a Charter Standard Club we can not be seen to be tolerating this sort of behaviour" so he had no choice other then to mention it. 

I've become fed up with the FA fining it's clubs for minor things and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if clubs start to get fined for supporters showing a bit of passion and creating an atmosphere on the basis that the club didn't uphold the charter standard.  If I have to start singing nice pleasentries at the opposition fans or not sing at all  then I'm going to get really fed up with our beautiful game.  Enough said.

Totally agree, the free speech aspect for fans has already been removed from the premiership etc and non league football is somewhere you can vent your feelings / indulge in some banter with opposing fans whatever and not have to worry about being ejected.  It's banter and that's it, it's part and parcel of football, it all adds to it for me.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:53 PM »

The truth is that you can not sing at football matches. Therefore go somewhere where you can have a laugh singing:-

GO AND WATCH ENGLAND CRICKET TEAM.

Whilst this may be an overstatement I am sure you get my point.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »

I do believe that supporters should be ejected for shouting "SHOOT" when the ball is waist high and the attacker has their back to goal, near the halfway line.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »

If the club's Welfare Officer is perturbed by people swearing at Moss Lane, then it's just as well that he wasn't sat anywhere near the Alty dugout for the Halifax game to witness the curious and 'heated' exchange of opinions between Graham and Charles Heathcote!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

If the club's Welfare Officer is perturbed by people swearing at Moss Lane, then it's just as well that he wasn't sat anywhere near the Alty dugout for the Halifax game to witness the curious and 'heated' exchange of opinions between Graham and Charles Heathcote!

Can you shed any more light on this please?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grahame Rowley Edlines