Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There a nice thread on the Exeter board about us....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: There a nice thread on the Exeter board about us....  (Read 8346 times)

markecky

« on: February 29, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »

http://exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21421

Apart from a couple of slightly patronising posters (which you will always get) they are a good bunch.

I like being friendly with Exeter...it like being mates with the dead hard kid in your  year at school.

Narcissist

Re: There a nice thread on the Exeter board about us....
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »

There's something about posts related to alty that start with 'IMO' or 'IMHO'. Generally they are made by fans who seem to forget we are actually in the same league as them.

A lot of fans need to remember they are in the BSP on merit. And that merit in Exeter and Torquay's case is that they were sh1te in league 2 and are now at our level on merit. Notice how i dont mention alty, merit and BSP in the above. Reprieve x2 = merit!

Generally a great thread for our club, its nice to see fans appreciate the 'reality football' away day they get at alty as a pose to lego kit wonderland of coca cola stadium league teams.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »

Is it just me.....or does that opening game of the season at home to Exeter City seem like several lifetimes ago?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Spen

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »

http://exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21421

Apart from a couple of slightly patronising posters (which you will always get) they are a good bunch.

I like being friendly with Exeter...it like being mates with the dead hard kid in your  year at school.
Their stewards  weren't  very friendly last  year making  us  stand  in  the  rain  till start of 2nd
half . Then  charging  us  two  pound  each  to go  undercover. My missus certainly  not  impressed .
Hopefully  sunshine  tommorow.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »

I meant their fans to be honest.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »

Cor Yes we got drowned last season.To make matters worse i wore some new shoes and they rubbed my heels raw,i was in agony by the time i got home(20 minutes from full time)
Harold

altyf

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »

Good thread, nice not to be patronised as much for a change, and nice to hear some praise for having a properly run part-time club. Obviously they will expect to win and we'll expect to get beat but at the end of the day its football, we'll both be aware of what happened on Tuesday...theres a good interview on BBC website for a change:

Exeter player-coach Rob Edwards told BBC Radio Devon:

"I think they'll probably come here and maybe have one up front. I can't see them throwing too many bodies forward.

"They only need one chance to get back in the game and that's what happened on Tuesday night [when they drew 1-1 with Torquay].

"We've had that the last couple of home games, teams do play quite defensive against us. Even if we get one or two early goals, you're never safe."

Exeter's Matt Taylor should be fit despite receiving a knock to his nose in last weekend's win over Farsley.
But Neil Saunders is still out with a long-standing knee injury.

Altrincham are hopeful that leading scorer Colin Little will be fit after an illness, but if he misses out, on-loan Tom Cahill is set to deputise.

Chris Senior could start if Heathcote decides to go with a strike pair, while Val Owen (foot) is nearing fitness but this could be a game too soon for him.

Butty

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »

Cracking post here,
Cracking stuff Alty, have a week off now and go again in a fortnight. We will do Stafford, Northwich and Droylsden for you, just let us have Saturday. That, with the Farsley win has saved you needing to claw back 12 points, in return for just three. Bargain of the century if you ask me

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »

Now a Turkey fan has had his say

Yourself and 'Altyfan' are total moron's.

You could of won??? ....with 1 effort on target- a penalty!

You were almost as bad as Droylesdon - trying to waste as much time as possible. Lucky for you the ref was a complete useless prick.

Altyfan - you say that it was a definate penalty(even though you were down the other end of the ground and had no decent sight of it.... at the time it seemed dodgy and then after seeing the replay, it 100% was NOT a penalty.
Your guy went down like Heskey in the light breeze.

We should have tied up the game by half time - having scored in 44th minute, in the 45th Mohamed managed to miss 2 complete sitters.

You did well to stifle us and yes we werent really at it in the 2nd half, but you were really sh*t still one of the worst teams to play us. The majority of this league is horrificly sh*t. Only Exeter(as hard as it is to admit!) have outplayed us in any game, as far as im concerned us and City are the best 2 sides. Aldershot as well i suppose. Burton have beaten us twice, but they were nothing special, good smash n grab team i suppose.

You must have been shxt last season to be playing in this league
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »

As a spokesman for Torquay fans, he seem to sum most of them up.

Can we apologise for taking a point from your expensive, highly paid side

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »

When we beat them in the Trophy semi-finals, you are most welcome to come and join us at Wembley!!!!

;D

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

love the come back also from StJames 'boy those grapes are sour'
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »

For years Torquay were universally regarded as the most Mickey Mouse team in the league. They had the smallest and worst ground, low crowds and were routinely beaten by Non -league sides. Now they become Billy Big Boys on account of a couple of average stands and playing at a new level which seems to their erudite numpties to be beneath them. Pray they stay down and realise their position and gain some humility. They might look at their erstwhile bigger neighbours down the road in Exeter for assistance in this.

They always played snidey games too, who remembers when all their Saturday games used to start at 5:30! Keep those away fans out!! Wankers.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 11:24:03 PM »

To be fair SW such arrogance is the sign of a small club like Torquay rather than a club like Exeter or York and other former Football League teams. It's like the difference between someone genuinely middle class who happens to be well educated and have money and culture, and someone who wears bling and lives in a house with the rottweiler in Essex who reads the Daily Mail and moans about "scroungers".

If you have faith in your own club then you don't need to turn your nose up at others.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »

Agreed  But as you yourself tongue in cheek know, ther are non leaguers and the others.

Colchester and Lincoln were fun before York dropped in.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team