exeter

Author Topic: exeter  (Read 3687 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
exeter
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:04:10 PM »

hope the journey tonight doesn't knacker us up for next sat  but the confidence will be high i suppose can we win it do you think  .Is a point good enought  come on you reds  :-\

Narcissist

Re: exeter
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:43:54 AM »

The nerves are kicking in all over again now for exeter. I think im most nervous about the lads being tired too.

If we grabbed a point here too it would be massive but I think we can knuckle down and grab a win!

COME ON ALTY!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:25:06 AM »

Exeters manager was at Torquay watching Alty last night.
Harold

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »

Part of me is glad they are showing a bit of respect and preparing and the other part is gutted knowing we are really up against it on Saturday. But I trust the 2 G's to shake things up a little.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »

Really, really can't see us picking up anything from Exeter on top of the heroics last night. However, I have to say that by Saturday evening, we'll be able to say that two dreadful fixtures are behind us and the going can only get easier.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »

I'd rather lose at Exeter and beat Halifax than draw both games!

Longman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

I really really want to make the trip down to Exeter, however two things are prohibiting me ;-

1.  I have a bad back at the mo
2.  I have no one to go with (ie-can't drag anyone along) and after going Oxford away alone it was the most boring journey there and back ever!  Exeter will be even longer!

altyf

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »

I think most people would have been happy with a point overall out of Exeter and Torquay, so we havn't got much to lose, next Tuesday is the big one!!!

DoctorD

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »

I think that Exeter fans have an enormous respect for the task that faces their team on Saturday.It's one of the crueller quirks of the way that the fixture list has turned out that you have to undertake two such long journeys in the space of 5 days. Nonetheless I hope tht a few of your fans amange to make the trip and enjoy a few drinks in the St James Centre before (and after) the game.
  Exeter are in the middle of a spate of home games, and although the results may have garnered the three points, the performances have been, to say the least, nervous.
  On the plus side the pitch is the best that it's been in possibly twenty years, so an open flowing game of football is a distinct possibility. In fact it's been so dry that unless there's rain in the next 24 hours the pitch will need to be watered.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »

I really really want to make the trip down to Exeter, however two things are prohibiting me ;-

2.  I have no one to go with (ie-can't drag anyone along) and after going Oxford away alone it was the most boring journey there and back ever!  Exeter will be even longer!

Can't you come on the coach?  I'll save you a double seat so you can stretch your back..seriously.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

Can't you come on the coach?  I'll save you a double seat so you can stretch your back..seriously.

Thanks i'd love to, however i'm still off work with it it's that bad, I suffer from it alot, sitting down in a car or on a train / coach whatever is the worst thing I can do for it fot my posture etc!  Even with two seats i'm not going to be able to lie flat (due to being about 6,4!)  Being on the coach for that amount of time would seriously do me no good at all and cause me alot of discmofort!

Cheers again though.

Would love to go as well,  :-\

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 02:24:49 PM »

both this weeks games were always going to bevery hard and to get that point at Torquay is a bonus,we can build on,though Exeter are a very strong team and i would love us to get something out of it.I will be there on Saturday without a doubt,i'm the silver haired old bugger
Harold

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 03:25:56 PM »

Save him the back 5 seats and bring some cushions  :) ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »

On the match itself - Graham was scouting for Millwall wasn't he? So do you suppose that on Saturday, Graham went to watch Exeter while Graham went to the Torquay match?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »

On the match itself - Graham was scouting for Millwall wasn't he? So do you suppose that on Saturday, Graham went to watch Exeter while Graham went to the Torquay match?

In the words of A Partridge: "Confused!"
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 exeter