News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rest of the Season

Author Topic: Rest of the Season  (Read 1606 times)

nimega

Rest of the Season
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »

Just looking at the table on our website ... http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/table07.htm ... i.e. the one which shows who we have played and who is left, we are now 67.4%of the way through the season but have played 7 out of the 8 games with our main relegation rivals.

That means, all other things being equal, that our remaining 32.% of the season will be tougher. Plus Alty TEND not to do so well in the last few weeks of the season (something of an understatement there I think.

I don't know what Farsley's run in is like compared to ours (the bottom 3 clubs are averaging 0.5 points per game or less, so probably they are doomed anyway - so short of a miracle for one of those 3 Farsley are the main contenders) but I think it could be a very very tough run in.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but wondered what others think???

JackPFarsley

Re: Rest of the Season
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »

We have.... All the bottom 3 and Weymouth twice to play.

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:16:27 PM »

And that makes it easier? I think a few of us were pleased we had Tammy at the end of last season. Turned out to be very, very tense... and we lost! Best to play loads of midtable clubs with nothing to play for I think.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »

It's clear that Farsley have an easier run in ON PAPER but at the end of the day, there are going to be shcok results along the way in a relegation battle I would always rather have the points than the games in hand. We've got Crawley (H), Halifax (H), Rushden (A), Weymouth (A), Stafford (H), FGR (H) and Salisbury (H) which are all games we can get points out of. At the moment, its just good to see confidence growing, good performances on the pitch and, best of all, averaging something like 1.65 points per game compared to 0.85 earlier in the season. If we continue to play as we are at the moment and can grind out some results...

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »

I honestly believe we can (finally) get something at Rushden and take our unbeaten run to the 'days off'

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

Farsley Remaining Fixtures

Feb.

16th Woking (h)
23rd Exeter (a)

March

1st Stafford (a)
4th Rushden (H)
8th Cambridge (h)
15th Salisbury (a)
22nd Vics (a)
24th Burton (h)
29th Weymouth (h)

April

5th Torquay (a)
8th Droylsden (a)
12th Oxford (a)
15th FGR (h)
22nd York (a)
26th Grays (h)

Not really that much easier, especialy with the Vics and Burton games so close together

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rest of the Season