PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Carlos Logan  (Read 13910 times)

Reading Robin

Re: Carlos Logan
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 11:12:45 PM »

Must have seen the writing on the wall when 3 full-backs are picked on the bench ahead of him.

He had already left by then.

It has happened for several games in fact. 

Hodgey

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 11:26:32 PM »

We've got a left winger who can go  in Sam Duncum alhough he made the bench Tuesday.  More of the Logan mould than Peyton

Bring on Sam Duncum ! start blooding him for last five or ten if required

Jacko

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 01:50:07 AM »

Think i'll best remember him for his impact when he came on against weymouth at home, a raw talent with quick feet,decent striker of the ball but ran like a penguin,
he show'd his support to all the players before the kick off against droyelsden by urging them on which say's he's ok,
all the best carlos i personally think you were a decent attacking left winger, we have'nt got one now have we :(
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:51:51 AM by Jacko »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 05:57:13 AM »

I had to do two readings of this thread to make sure i was reading about the Carlos Logan,that everyone was calling for 'to have a good run in the first time and to start games'.I take it its the same Carlos???While the manner of his leaving is totally wrong(i wonder if he thought he had got the ok when he spoke with Graham and some missunderstanding has happened).If he is signed for Alty how can he play for an Irish team in Spain?is this another player not on contract and how many more are not and can just walk?
Harold

Narcissist

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 08:13:01 AM »

Im not sure why everyone had it in for carlos, he showed a good commitment to the club despite dropping level in the hope of getting his career on track and then hardly playing. He was always there and tried to play for us whenever he got the chance. He supported the team when he wasnt playing and was honest enough to tell the club of the opportunity in front of him.

I also think there's a few harsh comments on Peyton on here. He only lacks pace. He's a great footballer and if the ball is given to him under pressure he will hoof it like anyone else at any level to play safe. Ive seen some very intellegent football from warren in his time at alty and i love to see him get picked.

Carlos dropped a bollock by not calling on sunday but we dont know the full story so for now i wish him good luck and hope we dont miss him. seeing as though he hardly got a chance of a run in the team i dont think we will!

markecky

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »

I had to do two readings of this thread to make sure i was reading about the Carlos Logan,that everyone was calling for 'to have a good run in the first time and to start games'.I take it its the same Carlos???While the manner of his leaving is totally wrong(i wonder if he thought he had got the ok when he spoke with Graham and some missunderstanding has happened).If he is signed for Alty how can he play for an Irish team in Spain?is this another player not on contract and how many more are not and can just walk?

I think its fantastic that Carlos is not on a contract.  If he was he would have been sat nicely in the stand until the end of the season.

Narcissist

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 09:03:07 AM »

I think its fantastic that Carlos is not on a contract.  If he was he would have been sat nicely in the stand until the end of the season.

Thats unfair, we dont know that.

What Carlos has done has demonstrated that he just wanted to play football, not sit on a bench.

Im not sure why people seem to associate not getting picked every week with not wanting to play. There has never been an indication of that with Carlos.

Stockportalty

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »

I once heard it said that put Carlos in a 100m sprint with some of the others in the team and he would win hands down, but give him a ball to kick at the end of it and he wouldn't know what to do with it. Thats why there were mixed feelings about him playing regularly on the first team.

markecky

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 09:44:46 AM »

Thats unfair, we dont know that.

What Carlos has done has demonstrated that he just wanted to play football, not sit on a bench.

Im not sure why people seem to associate not getting picked every week with not wanting to play. There has never been an indication of that with Carlos.

Maybe that came out wrong..I'm just saying that if he had been on a contract the option would have been there for him and we would have struggled to release him if needed.

louise1925

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »

Let's face it,
1) There was always a question over Carlos Logan's attitude (though admittedly it was mainly raised by people on here), so it's probably best he's gone.
2) Warren Peyton is NOT a left winger.
The inbetween sort of player is...Chris Denham. Genuinely believe this is who we need to play on the left.

Frosty

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 10:09:31 AM »

Carlos Logan is an awful player who can't cross the ball or pass very well and invariably makes poor decisions when in possession of the ball. His defensive qualities are almost non-existent and if he ever plays at this level again I will be more than shocked. To cap all this off he is rude enough to leave the club without even having the decency to phone and tell anybody.

I am so glad he's gone I can't even begin to tell you. He's sh*t!

Ask yourself if we'd have kept Denham as quiet as we did with Logan on the pitch instead of Peyton on Saturday. Seems unlikely doesn't it.

how the f**k would you know, you're never there!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »

I'm not really going to sit here and call Carlos. If nothing else he brightened up some games earlier in the season (Aldershot, Ebbsfleet) when we were totally bereft of ideas. He's clearly an individual type player though, runs at people with the ball and is quite good at it but ultimately doesn't have the end product, simply doesn't.

I lost count of the times that Carlos got down the left towarsd the Golf Road end and I never had any conviction the cross would come in, or get past the first man. I guess he's not alone at that but at this level and in our position he has to have it. Either the end product is good or you make up for it in other ways, defensive help, ability to play in other positions etc and unfortunately this was just lacking.

He started off at Man City went to Darlington and then Alty and is now scrabbling around for a club in Ireland. They can't all be wrong about him. Whether it's attitude, ability, fitness, end product, desire whatever, all footballers eventually find their level. I'm pretty certain that Carlos will end up at FCUM and be an absolute sensation as he ahs many plus points to his game. Unfortunately in our position, we need the complete package. If not, we need the hard work, fitness and effort of somebody like Warren until we find someone with real quality. Guess there's an element of Lawton/Potts here.

Likewise, won't comment on the circumstances surrounding the departure altho knowing Cote, saying he would go with the clubs blessing could well have been "f*** off to Ireland then if you don't want to play for us, I don't f***ing care, you can go, if you're going, ring me SUnday so I can sort out the release papers"  :D

Edit: Yes I'm aware I said I wouldn't call Carlos and basically have and that I wouldn't comment on his departure and basically have.  :)

Ultimately, he just wasn't quite what we need at the moment. If you said one of the 5 loans signings or Carlos had to leave then it's a no brainer really.

Alty365

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »

Carlos Logan is an awful player who can't cross the ball or pass very well and invariably makes poor decisions when in possession of the ball. His defensive qualities are almost non-existent and if he ever plays at this level again I will be more than shocked. To cap all this off he is rude enough to leave the club without even having the decency to phone and tell anybody.

Ask yourself if we'd have kept Denham as quiet as we did with Logan on the pitch instead of Peyton on Saturday. Seems unlikely doesn't it.

I've seen enough and heard enough from people who know what they are talking about. What the f**k has my attendance/non-attendance got to do with you anyway? Who the f**k are you to question me?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »

f**k off Terry Wogan we had Carlos Logan la la la la!!!!!! :-\

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »

I've seen enough and heard enough from people who know what they are talking about. What the f**k has my attendance/non-attendance got to do with you anyway? Who the f**k are you to question me?

Is the banter sensor not working?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos Logan