News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote aims to add to Alty's arsenal

Author Topic: Heathcote aims to add to Alty's arsenal  (Read 1839 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Heathcote aims to add to Alty's arsenal
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:55:05 PM »

Heathcote aims to add to Alty's arsenalBy Connor Murphy
Comment

Alty received a boost this week with the news that injured midfielder Val Owen should be back in action next month.
GRAHAM Heathcote is set to resume his Robins recruitment drive as he looks to add firepower to his goal-shy squad.

Alty have not managed a single goal in their past two games, causing the Alty boss to consider the need for reinforcements up front.

More money for wages was freed up when Carlos Logan left the club last week and now Heathcote is keen to bring in at least two new faces.

Speaking exclusively to SAM Sport, he said: "We are looking to see if we can get in two or three new attacking options.

"We definitely need more bodies in that area but it's about getting the right type of players.

"It's not rocket science that we need a big centre forward to give us a bit of variation up top.

"But the problem with recruiting players is the type of money that's being thrown about in this league.

"The money some clubs are talking about is ridiculous. There's a lot of desperate money being spent but we aren't about to get dragged into that ourselves.

"Farsley just paid out a fair bit of money to bring in David McNiven on loan from Stafford so it shows you what we're up against.

"But we need to stick to our sensible financial approach.
"We’ve got some money to spend and we’ll do the best we can with it.”
Graham Heathcote

Alty have no game this weekend, with many of the Blue Square premier's sides on FA Trophy duty.

When they return to action, they face two tough trips in the space of five days, first travelling to Torquay on Tuesday and then Exeter on Saturday.

But despite the odds stacked up against them, Heathcote believes his side must aim to pick up something from both games, especially following their disappointing defeat to Rushden and Diamonds last Saturday.

He said: "I'm disappointed with our return from the past four games, picking up just five points.

"I thought we would've done better and I basically said to the players that we have wasted the first half of the past two games.

"We didn't play enough football and then left ourselves with more to do in the second half.

"We have two tough games now but the way I look at it is that we have to pull something back from these two games to put ourselves back on track."

But the good news for Alty is that combative midfielder Val Owen is well on the road to recovery after undergoing an operation on his problematic knee.
The 37-year-old should be back in action by mid to late March.

4:08pm today

@AltyDaz

Alty365

Re: Heathcote aims to add to Alty's arsenal
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

I applaud Graham for still being on the lookout for reinforcements. I am a little confused by this article though because I feel that we have very good strikers already. I personally think that the problem lies in creating chances rather than finishing them. The lack of goalscoring opportunities on Saturday would seem to support this argument. Let's hope he does as well with the new recruits this time as he did in January.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »

I THINK  THAT THIS IS A GOOD THING WE HAVE LITTLE AND SENIOR BOTH GOOD PLAYERS BUT WE HAVE NO HEIGHT UP FRONT [THEY BOTH NEED SOMEBODY TO WIN THE BALL IN THE AIR /b] WE TEND TO PLAY THE HIGH BALL UP TO THE STRIKERS THEN BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF A BIG MAN UP FRONT IT COMES STRAIGHT BACK AT US

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »

Ouch my ears !!!

Give ASMO and ASBO !!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »

:D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team