PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kingy ...........
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kingy ...........  (Read 4647 times)

le bignose

Kingy ...........
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »

any news on Liam after picking up his injury last night ??

Serious?? hope not .......... important player for us !!

Lew Needham

Re: Kingy ...........
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »

Huge loss for the team. I would lose a lot of confidence if we were to lose him.

What would the midfield me without him and Toulson?

I would go for Logan   Robbie   Sedge    Peyton

I would keep Robbie in the centre as he is the engine. Also Peyton is naturally both footed so I would play him down the right, swapping throughout with Logan!! If Heathcote is still determined not to start Logan then I would play Senior on the wing.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »

The FA should pass a law that Robbie Lawton can only play in the centre where he has been superb in the past few games.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »

I think Lawton and sedge in the middle would be a good combo.

Defo think Logan and Toulson if theyre fit, if not Logan and Little on the wings, Senior and O Neill up front.

Im not by any means an O neill fan, but im not a hater either. But has anyone else noticed that we always seem to score when he's on the pitch?

Vics/Kiddy/Woking/Vauxhall - all games where crucial goals came from him or whilst he was playing. There must be something in it, even if its just the option of something heighty (if thats a word)

Longman

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 01:56:47 PM »

Defo think Logan and Toulson if theyre fit, if not Logan and Little on the wings, Senior and O Neill up front.

Im not by any means an O neill fan, but im not a hater either. But has anyone else noticed that we always seem to score when he's on the pitch?

Vics/Kiddy/Woking/Vauxhall - all games where crucial goals came from him or whilst he was playing. There must be something in it, even if its just the option of something heighty (if thats a word)

Little on the wing???  He is our only out and out goalscorer and therefore has to start as striker!

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

Little on the wing???  He is our only out and out goalscorer and therefore has to start as striker!

I think we lack creativity in midfield. Its just my opinion and I knew that it would cause discussion.

Little is by far our most potent striker, i agree. However, we lack creativity and so Little drops deep or stays up and gets less service. If we have a more creative midfield we will set up more attacks. As a result of this the pressure is decreased on the defence. Opposition will also sit a bit deeper, and hopefully score less.

Ive said this a few times, but I noticed how creative we were in the 2nd half against woking and we looked a lot more comfortable at the back once woking were aware we could put good flowing moves together.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »

A big blow to lose King. It's a good thing it's Droylsden and Farsley next!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »

Why is it a "good thing"?

Surely we need him for those two key games more than ever?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Lew Needham

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »

I really believe we should have a go at teams more. I don’t understand why we are so defensive because we just end up losing. I’m not talking so much a change of personnel or formation but rather mentality

Last league game, when we were 2-0 down, the players decided to have a go and we scored 2 quickly. The first goal came from our centre mid(king) breaking forward and putting a cross in from the byline, the second came from our left back pushing into the opposition penalty area and forcing a corner.

For the first 20 mins of that game we had all the ball in their half but created nothing as everyone stuck to their positions which is fine when your defending but not when your attacking.

I’m not having a go at the players here, I believe they give 100% every week. However, I believe they should take the shackles of sometime and belief in themselves more. Maybe it’s a confidence thing and hopefully we  will see more adventurous play after the recent improvements.

Longman

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »

How do you know we've lost him??  What's the status on his injury???

Alex

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »

How do you know we've lost him??  What's the status on his injury???

i asked this question last night to graham rowley in the bar, apparently it was a suspected brused shin but they were going to see today if it swelled up (if it does he'll have to go for an x-ray).

Altyant

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

On a similar note did someone not post that Cahill may be back fit for Saturday?

If he was we could play Warren and Senior on the wings, with Robbie and Sedge on the middle. Bring on Logan in the second half when hopefully the extra time last night will get to Droylsden

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »

Tom Cahill watched the first 10 mins of the second half last night from the Popside........I asked him if was 'ok' for Saturday and he said that he hopes to be fit enough to be considered for selection.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »

He is a brave man going on there....no player has ever before entered the Pop Side!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »

Tom Cahill watched the first 10 mins of the second half last night from the Popside........I asked him if was 'ok' for Saturday and he said that he hopes to be fit enough to be considered for selection.

It is of great credit to the loanees and the club the way that the loanees have integrated and become part of the club.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kingy ...........