PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone on here care about the munich air disaster
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: anyone on here care about the munich air disaster  (Read 7818 times)

James Black

« on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

will anybody be have a quick 2 mins silence tomorrow or don't u care about another clubs tradgedy :( :(

the new whistler

Re: anyone on here care about the munich air disaster
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »

how can anybody not care about something as tragic as that,even 50 years on it effects people who werent even born all that time ago.lets just hope nothing like that ever happens again.

James Black

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:14:35 PM »

agreed m8 i'm as big united fan as alty and it just disheartens me when people refer to us as Munich

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »

Any one who sings about the disaster or people Munichs really need their head sorting out. It really appears to be mainly City fans. but I reserve judgement on this.

I have heard many people call United fans Munich Bast***s etc and that is even at Moss Lane. A complete disgrace if you ask me.

You don't see United fans call Liverpool fans Hillsboroughs etc

When people die in any circumstance, especially a disater they all deserve respect, and everyone should respect the dead.

I just hope nothing like that happens again to anyone.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 01:06:02 PM »

will anybody be have a quick 2 mins silence tomorrow or don't u care about another clubs tradgedy :( :(

The people who lost their lives had family, friends, colleagues and thousands of people to whom they were heoes.

Whoever they played for, this was a tragedy for people & football.

Alty Blue

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:16:05 PM »

Actually, utd fans do sing Hillsborough songs regulaly at Anfield, and the the swamp when they play Liverpool, but when the boots on the other foot, they don't like it. Whilst it obviously was a terrible tragedy, utd don't half milk it for all its worth. Anything to get a bit more money of the prawn sandwich brigade.

I hope the Blues don't shout during the silence, but they are bound to be a few mindless idiots who will spoil the good name of MAn City (my second team BTW, before you start)

markecky

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »

Actually, utd fans do sing Hillsborough songs regulaly at Anfield, and the the swamp when they play Liverpool, but when the boots on the other foot, they don't like it. Whilst it obviously was a terrible tragedy, utd don't half milk it for all its worth. Anything to get a bit more money of the prawn sandwich brigade.

I hope the Blues don't shout during the silence, but they are bound to be a few mindless idiots who will spoil the good name of MAn City (my second team BTW, before you start)

Comments about United milking it are probably best on the City forums mate really.  A lot of United fans follow Alty as a second team and comments like like are only going to stir up bad feeling.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »

City fans have been heard singing (to the tune of Yellow Submarine)

"We're all going to the Golden Jubilee"

Appalling, the tragedy affected all football people including City with the death of Frank Swift.

I went in the pub on Monday and there was a programme about it on BBC4. Never been in a pub in total silence before....surreal but I thought very apposite

Reading Robin

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »

Many United fans accept that they use Munich too much, just look at the response to AIG getting themselves onto the memorial.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »

Of course it also affected the England team who I make no apologies for saying we should all care about. Who knows what might have been achieved in 1958 and 1962 without Munich?
 People talk about Pele but there was some fantastic English talent that came to grief that day. Very sad.

alty snapper

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »

i challenge you to proof united 'fans' singing Hillsborough songs, regardless what united and other fans think of Hillsborough, they still respect that people died and that can never be forgotten, United 'fans' treat other tragedy's the way that they expect Munich to be treated. Today is a very sad day, watching some of the tributes just highlights how emotional it can be especially to those who were involved or were around to remember that day.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »

Now back when i was a lad,The teams and supporters showed respect and you would never had got city fans behaving like that.Munich was felt throughout the footballing world and as such respect should and i hope will be shown.
Harold

baldrick

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »

I think the City fans have been judged and found guilty before they have done anything wrong.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »

I think the City fans have been judged and found guilty before they have done anything wrong.

100% agree..just maybe..with the whole world watching they will put rivalry aside for 60 seconds.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »

The song about the Golden Jubilee was heard and is a fact.

When the Club and the Official Supporters Club are concerned enough to request that the Silence be substituted with applause to 'drown out the idiots' it doesn't look too positive does it.

Sadly the people who are likely to besmirch the whole thing are a tiny minority...the majority of City Fans, like most football fans are fine civilised human beings who will observe the silence impeccably.

All the debate, in the media, here, and elsewhere will be just what they're after I fear
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team