PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone on here care about the munich air disaster
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: anyone on here care about the munich air disaster  (Read 7887 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: anyone on here care about the munich air disaster
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »

"Munich" was even acknowledged on Coronation Street!

baldrick

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 10:48:53 PM »

Granada reports dedicated the whole programme to it. The Manchester Evening News printed a special edition. People were laying flowers at Old Trafford all day.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 01:38:32 AM »

Apologies in advance as I know this isn't the right place but I do think the level of media coverage has been OTT about Munich (esp The Guardian in the last few weeks). United fans do sing about Hillsborough every time they play Liverpool, they frequently sing about the on pitch death of Marc Vivien Foe when they play City too, the papers are praying for some City fans to disrupt the silence on Sunday so they can chuck out all the usual cliches. Of course it was a deeply tragic event and anyone who disrupts any silence for it wants their head examining but GW is right, we're all being forced to be a part of United's grief fest whether you like it or not, all this bollocks about 'Sir Matt', 'United's traditions', 'the babes' I couldn't give a flying fcuk. If Fergie wants a good youngster these days he just goes to Portugal and pays millions for one.

SuperBow

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 04:36:04 AM »

I'm a united fan. A season ticket holder. But I've been getting disillusioned with the lack of competition for years. Now I've started standing on the popular side watching the lads. and I f**kin love it. I have the upmost admiration for you lads who support Alty 1st, 2nd and 3rd. You are a bunch of clowns (with the greatest respect), but like one of you screams its the 'red and white bastards' isn't it.

Here comes the sales pitch:

6 from 6. I don't think I'm being outrageous but I think every person here believes the lads can do it (and I know you'll be behind the boys sat.), if we believe it, it will happen.

See you, Saturday lads.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE T**tS.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 03:03:50 PM »

, all this bollocks about 'Sir Matt', 'United's traditions', 'the babes' I couldn't give a flying fcuk. If Fergie wants a good youngster these days he just goes to Portugal and pays millions for one.

Notwithstanding the 1999 Champions League winning squad filled with talent from the United Youth: Beckham, The Nevilles, Scholes etc

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »

was overrated beckham really part of the Man U youth set up though or stolen from another ?  ;)

bighairedmike

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »

Dont know if this has already been mentioned as i couldnt be bothered reading all the essays written on here but i dont think most city fans will remember that there ex goalkeeper-turned journalist also died in the crash. If not for the united players at least for him...

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »

Dont know if this has already been mentioned as i couldnt be bothered reading all the essays written on here but i dont think most city fans will remember that there ex goalkeeper-turned journalist also died in the crash. If not for the united players at least for him...
Well I couldnt be bothered reading your post either.

erm,
Bernard Taylors barmy army

baldrick

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »

Nobody under 60 will remember it due to not being born, but there has been so much publicity that even if City fans have never heard of Frank Swift they must surely know about him now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone on here care about the munich air disaster