PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone on here care about the munich air disaster
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: anyone on here care about the munich air disaster  (Read 7897 times)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: anyone on here care about the munich air disaster
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »

I think the City fans have been judged and found guilty before they have done anything wrong.

The song about the Golden Jubilee was heard and is a fact.

and city fans are being judged in advance because some people sang a song.
as was posted on another day, i have heard alty fans sing about burning macc fans but i dont expect them to do it

oh and anyone who is in denial about man u fans singing stuff about hillsorough needs their head examining

very few clubs fans are completely blameless

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »

I am going to the (other) manchester derby on sunday and I'm just concerned that the whole min scilence has been blown out of all proportion, yes everyone should observe it and the tragedy was horrible and an unjust loss of life however the way some are treating it if some city fans are knobs (every club has their fair share) do disrespect the silence then it will be a huge disgusting slight on the dead, in fact it will be a few knobs and they should not be given the amount of time or attention that this will currently bring.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 05:37:49 PM »

Minute silence .. I prefer a minutes clapping..

I think clapping is better cos then you can decide whether to participate or not where as a minutes silence is forcing someone to acknowledge. I'm sure some City fans don't want to acknowledge it but by it being silence they are forced to.

I like the George Best being a clapping one as people could choose whether to participate or not.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »

The comment about City fans being judged before they have done anything wrong is a stupid arguement. They have done it wrong for years already - FACT

the new whistler

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »

a minutes applause is not really appropriate considering so many were killed,its  a sign of respect not celebration of their lives.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »

Why anyone in football would not want to remember Munich is beyond me.  The small minority of City fans who mock the disaster manage to forget Frank Swift's death in the crash.  Likewise those England fans (again a minority) who are anti-United seem to ignore that there were England players who perished that day.

They weren't murderers, or paedophiles, or criminals. They were talented young footballers, many of whom played for their country as well as their club.  If people don't feel the need to publicly demonstrate their sadness at the crash then that's fair enough. However, there's a difference between that and being deliberately disrespectful.

Also, if you have a minutes applause because you're worried there'll be boos, then the people who boo have won...

Bazbatteria

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure the minutes silence will be properly observed and respected all around the ground, I can't see it not being.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15:12 PM »

Nothing to do with 'booing' in my opinion just that it means people are 'forced' to acknowledge it.  I understand that clapping is maybe not the best thing but it gives people the option. If a person CHOSE not to clap for someone or something it wouldn't be noted but if they were talking through a minutes silence it would be frowned upon.

I just think people should have a choice and a minutes silence is not a choice in my opinion as you are forced to acknowledge. Of course I personlly would keep quiet for a minute just to be polite, and not always because I agree or care with what the silence is for (how many times before games have you given minutes silence for someone you have never met?) but some people would not want to acknowledge and whether that is right or wrong they should still have the choice.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:16:45 PM by gazwarrington »

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 08:35:17 PM »

The comment about City fans being judged before they have done anything wrong is a stupid arguement. They have done it wrong for years already - FACT
i love people who write inane things and end it by saying FACT
it reassures me that they have the facts to their fingertips and could bring them out if they needed to. i bow to your greater font size

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »

Nothing to do with 'booing' in my opinion just that it means people are 'forced' to acknowledge it.  I understand that clapping is maybe not the best thing but it gives people the option. If a person CHOSE not to clap for someone or something it wouldn't be noted but if they were talking through a minutes silence it would be frowned upon.

I just think people should have a choice and a minutes silence is not a choice in my opinion as you are forced to acknowledge. Of course I personlly would keep quiet for a minute just to be polite, and not always because I agree or care with what the silence is for (how many times before games have you given minutes silence for someone you have never met?) but some people would not want to acknowledge and whether that is right or wrong they should still have the choice.

Gary as a football fan why on hells earth would people not want to acknoledge such a disaster on its 50th anniversay ?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »

Why do people not acknowledge Hillsborough, why will people not acknoweldge the countless number of players that have died either on the pitch or during their career on the 50th aniversary of their deaths ?

Just cos you are a 'football fan' doesn't mean you HAVE to do \ acknowledge anything and thats my point... just like anything.. Diana (won;t call her princess) died and I can't say i was too bothered but loads of people mourned for her. Thats their choice.

By the way I am just playing devils advocate here.

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 08:58:05 PM »

By the way I am just playing devils advocate here.

The ARE the devils child !!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »

Oh come on I "Used to be" but I'm a changing man  ;)

Jenga

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »

Oh come on I "Used to be" but I'm a changing man  ;)

I reserve judgement until after saturday

Bazbatteria

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »

Are we wearing black armbands (us and Droy) on Saturday and having a minutes appriciation?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone on here care about the munich air disaster