Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What are everyone elses opinions on this please??
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What are everyone elses opinions on this please??  (Read 6481 times)

Longman

Re: What are everyone elses opinions on this please??
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 01:12:37 PM »

Longman, you are wrong as a Scotsman has actually been Assistant Manager of England - John Gorman was Glenn Hoddle's second in command. He was also entitled to sing that song that England teams persist in using as an anthem, as its not the English Anthem but officially the British National Anthem. I have heard that Anthem sung by Scotsmen, albiet Rangers Supporters who were described by their own club Captain as "moronic".

Errrm correct me if i'm wrong but John Gorman was not Scotland captain!?  Also God Save The Queen is the British anthem, John Gorman is a "brit" therefore he technically should sing it.  HOWEVER Terry Butcher is NOT Scottish therefore "Flower Of Scotland" has no connection with him!!!

As for the Rangers fans' that's a completely different situation, we are getting into religious politics there!

Alty365

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »

Re: National anthems:

England should sing Land of Hope and Glory instead of GSTQ as it is far more stirring and uniquely English.

Longman

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »

Re: National anthems:

England should sing Land of Hope and Glory instead of GSTQ as it is far more stirring and uniquely English.

It is indeed a very passionate and moving piece of music.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »

100% with GW, and I made the same point earlier in this thread. England are so unimportant to me , even if as someone said they were in a world cup final it would be a temporary diversion, but not a life changing moment. England are boring, frustrating and pointless to watch. It brings every lowlife T**t in the area to your local if its shown, and causes more Police incidents then New Years Eve.

Yes, but GW's point was about international football in general and you can't tar every nation with an English brush (although I'm sure some would like to try).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What are everyone elses opinions on this please??