Alty/Farsley/Droylsden/Stafford
- 1 (2.2%)
3 of the above and another team
- 5 (11.1%)
other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Relegation battle  (Read 4393 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Relegation battle
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »

P.S. I need to know, someone at work is convinced we'll go down, but I can't see it, especially since King signed for another month.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Relegation battle
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »

Tempting fate again Hughey?

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »

To say the next two weeks are crucial would be the biggest understatement of all time. Here's a few "if's" for you:

IF we can beat Droylsden next Saturday (that would take a massive performance but it's achievable)

IF Farsley lose at home to Aldershot

and

IF we then beat Farsley on the Tuesday night

We would then be 8 points clear of Farsley even with their two games in hand.

It's a big ask and I'm not saying it will happen but the next two weeks will shape the rest of our season.

Personally, I think we will draw at Droylsden and beat Farsley and that Farsley will also lose to Aldershot next Saturday, leaving us 6 points clear with them still having two games in hand.

James Black

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

6 points from farsley and droylsden will leave is in a position dat not even we can mess up oh great the good times are coming bk. Aldershot will make farsley look very orignal lewis will score for shots to help us out not dat we need it. we r class apart from da bottom four. 12 pts clear of vics how sweet does dat sound

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 12:15:25 PM »

6 points from farsley and droylsden will leave is in a position dat not even we can mess up

Even if it was ten to five on the last day of the season and we were winning 6-0 needing only a draw to stay up, I still wouldn't be confident. That's the way it is, always was and always will be. We don't do "easy" at Alty.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

I fully understand your point Alty365............but if we are winning 6-0 at ten to five and only need a point on the last day of the season, then I will be that confident of winning, that I hereby offer* to run a streak the whole length of Weymouth pier and back if we are then relegated !

NB
* Terms & Conditions apply - does not allow for points deductions, abandoned match on 89 mins or anything else that would make me have to fulfil this offer
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Butty

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »

mick, if a game gets to 75 minutes and should be abandoned, the result stands. I notice you also havn't covered your arse(pun intended) in case there is a serious injury, so the game may only be an hour old at that time.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »

Not necessarily would a match abandoned on 75 minutes have the result at that time stand.

Different competitions have their own individual competition rules for scenaria such as this

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »

6 points from farsley and droylsden will leave is in a position dat not even we can mess up

Even if it was ten to five on the last day of the season and we were winning 6-0 needing only a draw to stay up, I still wouldn't be confident. That's the way it is, always was and always will be. We don't do "easy" at Alty.

Anywhere else that would  be paranoia: at Alty it is the norm!

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 05:07:34 PM »

It's obvious I know, but we realy need to BEAT Droylsden AND Farsley as I believe Vics will get more points than us between now and the seasons end, so we need a good head start over them. Weymouth need to be well and truly dragged into it, sooner rather than later, so the next two games are vital.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 09:35:18 PM »

much better display from us we are now starting to pick up points unfortunately win need to pick up a few victories before we are back in the picture for surivial hope we both stay up how poor are kidderminster they lost to droylesden beat farsley in the last minute and i think they drew against you

altyf

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »

much better display from us we are now starting to pick up points unfortunately win need to pick up a few victories before we are back in the picture for surivial hope we both stay up how poor are kidderminster they lost to droylesden beat farsley in the last minute and i think they drew against you

Nope, we beat Kiddy 2-1

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 04:17:02 AM »

It's obvious I know, but we realy need to BEAT Droylsden AND Farsley as I believe Vics will get more points than us between now and the seasons end, so we need a good head start over them. Weymouth need to be well and truly dragged into it, sooner rather than later, so the next two games are vital.

I agree, i think vics will survive

Butty

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »

I agree, i think vics will survive

At who's expense?
If Weymouth put together a run of form, were screwed if Vics will stay up

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »

GH stated other teams will improve, we have also, we need to keep grinding out the points. If we can get a few wins then it will look alot better.

The defence is tighter but the turnaque needs tightening further.

If Tinno is injured, I would play Lane in preference to Battersby with the importance of the Droylesden game.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Relegation battle