News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Atmosphere at Cambridge

Author Topic: Atmosphere at Cambridge  (Read 2611 times)

Ashley Alty

Atmosphere at Cambridge
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:36:42 AM »

Sorry to go back a bit in time on this but Cambridge United fans have asked the following question and wonder if any of you who were there can comment on "how it was for you?"

"We have worked really hard at improving the atmosphere since the start of the 2007 and have started the Junior U's, South Stand Initiative and the Bounce Bounce theme.

I wonder if you were at the match how the atmosphere came across"

I didn't get to Cambridge, unfortunately due to work commitments elsewhere but could any Alty fans who were there, PM me with their comments please?

Thanks very much

TA

bighairedmike

Re: Atmosphere at Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:05:44 AM »

What's the bounce bounce theme?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »

They certainly made some noise, but they could do with a broader repertois  of songs, the one they sand all through the second half got a little dull. Lose the drums too!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:54:02 AM »

Anyone who brings a drum to a football match should be put in the stocks and pelted with rotten vegetables.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:01:18 PM »

What's the bounce bounce theme?

basically the whole of the stand behind the goal started bounceing looked good from a distance, i see they have loaned fortune-west to york for the rest of the season so looks like there sticking with mcfaterly up front

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »

Atmosphere ok when the drum(s) weren't going .. Just drowned out the noise you were creating and made you come across very tinpot.

KICK MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OUT OF FOOTBALL - Ruining the game .. FACT

Ashley Alty

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 08:31:27 AM »

Thanks from Cambridge;

Thank you for the comments. We had 2 drums, one either end of the pitch. I can understand they can be noisy. But the children love them and it creates an atmosphere. The constant beat helps singing.

The atmosphere was so bad last year that something had to be done. The club was dying on it's feet not for money, but through so many negatives. Please see link from last year

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u28V6d-I80E

We started the South Stand Scheme which if Altrincham could do is well worth it. We have had approx 6000 new fans coming, 50,000 leaflets delivered to the community. Two gates in excess of 6,000 since it was launched on non SSI days

We also started the Junior U's, we now have 1160 members as of last night. Forty applications have come in since Saturday. Last year we were looking at a situation were hardly any children were coming

On saturday it was a Junior U's SSI match. Junior u's could bring 3 friends. Adults paid

Bounce Bounce came from a supporter who lived in Spain last year. The song started to help him keep a beat in time. Since then the whole ground at times bounces and it is quite infectious. Supporters now come wearing bounce bounce badges. 4000 supporters bounced at Wolves several weeks ago. It creates an atmosphere. We took over 30 coaches to Wolves.

Bounce is below from our match at Stevenage

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xm7hHY88uWY&feature=related

We are really working on creating an atmosphere off the pitch.

Dave

seasonticket

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 08:52:49 AM »

How silly of me I always thought the prime reason for going to a football match was to watch football. Apparently its a way to get kids of their arses and excersize, why not just do all that when there is no match on and leave watching footy to footy fans.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »

Amazing atmosphere from Cambridge, four sides making noise - brilliant. The best home atmosphere since Yeovil in the Conference (apart from possibly Aldershot which was just one area making noise). After York singing for 90 minutes now Cambridge - I couldn't believe it!

It is funny that 30 coaches to Wolves should be mentioned. Apparently when we played Wolves we took about 100 coaches (but still a similar amount of fans - smaller coaches and less cars in 1966 I suppose)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Atmosphere at Cambridge