Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 JUST WALKED TO WORK (ON MOSS LANE) AND THE WEATHER IS THE WORST I'VE SEEN....

Author Topic: JUST WALKED TO WORK (ON MOSS LANE) AND THE WEATHER IS THE WORST I'VE SEEN....  (Read 3983 times)

Frosty

....surely no pitch can stand up to it, wind, rain and painful hail!!! ??? >:(

baldrick

Move it back to Saturday. If Setanta don't like it thats their problem.

markecky

Now sunny and clear.

le bignose

Still looks like skies full of rain

I cant see it being called off though!!! Moss lane has had some tough times of late an held up well !!

I want another thunderstorm night again!! carnage

Frosty

took me an hour to dry my trousers and socks on the radiator, my colleagues were livid I had my trousers off!!  :D

markecky

Thank God your duds weren't wet!

Unemployed Coalminer

before the york game it has rained all week and that went ahead. it's been dry this week and only rained for a few hours.

le bignose

or was that the issue............. commando Frosty??!!?

Frosty

thankfully duds were dry!  :P

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Not sure what Baldrick's continual negativity with Setanta is ?

Of course we would all sooner play this game on a Saturday, but Setanta are paying a fee for the this game. Additionally they have also made a very large payment to the Conference for the TV rights, the money which is shared equally by the Conference clubs.

No Setanta would not be the end of the world, but Altrincham FC would be financially much worse off.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

baldrick

Setanta will destroy non league football in the same way that Sky have killed the premier league. There is no reason why the game can't be played at 3pm on Saturday and still be televised. People don't want to go out on a freezing cold wet Thursday night. The club are trying to attract more people to go to live games. Setanta want everyone to stay at home and watch television.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

There is no reason why the game can't be played at 3pm on Saturday and still be televised.

Well, there is. It's illegal. UEFA regulations do not allow games to be televised at 3pm on a Saturday (the so-called 'closed period') in England and Scotland. That's why SKY, Setanta and the BBC never have live games at 3pm on a Saturday. You can sometimes watch such matches via overseas satellite services but not British broadcasters.

Narcissist

Setanta will destroy non league football in the same way that Sky have killed the premier league. There is no reason why the game can't be played at 3pm on Saturday and still be televised. People don't want to go out on a freezing cold wet Thursday night. The club are trying to attract more people to go to live games. Setanta want everyone to stay at home and watch television.

Because everyone would enjoy watching a game played in an empty stadium? Clueless!

The fact is, its not what setanta want. Its supply and demand. People want to watch football every night after work and all weekend. They compensate the club to the tune of thousands of pounds to play a game on thursday. In return we are broadcast to the world. Its our choice to turn up or watch on tv.

Add 400 to tonights crowd and you've roughly got the income thanks to tv cash.

Seems fair to me.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The last I looked; which is not too often, the Premier League was alive and kicking, with huge worldwide audiences as well as pretty decent crowds for most clubs. Funny enough, the clubs who are televised the most also seem to get the highest crowds.

Not every Thursday night is freezing cold and wet. There are plenty of nice evenings during the football season as a whole.

Of course Setanta want everyone to stay at home and buy their TV transmissions. Why else would they televise non-league football and pay a lot of money for being able to do so.

Having said that, the club are making efforts to attract fans to live games, and yes being able to watch it on telly may well detract from this. Therefore Baldrick has a valid point on this matter, but overall, the current Setanta deal is nothing else but good news for Altrincham FC.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk

There is no reason why the game can't be played at 3pm on Saturday and still be televised.

Well, there is. It's illegal. UEFA regulations do not allow games to be televised at 3pm on a Saturday (the so-called 'closed period') in England and Scotland. That's why SKY, Setanta and the BBC never have live games at 3pm on a Saturday. You can sometimes watch such matches via overseas satellite services but not British broadcasters.

This only applies to the Premier League & only to that country to which that League relates. Scotland has it's own league so therefore they COULD show English Prem League at 3pm provided the TV company was purely based in Scotland but as we know we are the UK when it comes to TV & Scotland does not have it's own TV company purely
broadcasting in Scotland with the funds needed to buy such matches.

Setanta Ireland do show a Prem league match every Sat at 3pm.
You could in theory get a friend or relative to register a sky box at an address in Ireland , Setanta then send the
card to the Irish address & money is taken from an Irish Bank & then you get the card , reset your box ,
connect it up to your dish in the UK with the card inserted & you then have an (Irish) sky set up .
You would get RTE 1 & 2 also & these replace BBC 1 & 2 in the EPG .
You would also get 3pm football via Setanta Sports 1 Ireland. Easy really.

But i opt for the Euro sat version personnally (more matches).

The closed period does exist however, but this is being fought by TV companies as the Euro parliament
has a policy for television signals without frontiers to which the UK has signed upto.Meaning
the freedom of movement of TV signals as per virtually anything else within the EU market as per
the freedom to trade across the EU.

So in theory the Prem League & Uefa are in breach of this code by trying to block these signals & also
punish Pubs & Clubs alike.
Not had anyone round to my house yet, but i am a domestic user , not open to the public.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 JUST WALKED TO WORK (ON MOSS LANE) AND THE WEATHER IS THE WORST I'VE SEEN....