PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Loan Players  (Read 4182 times)

altyf

Loan Players
« on: January 30, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »

From site:

The loans to Altrincham of Liam King and Tom Cahill from Rotherham United have both been extended to 1st March inclusive. However, Tom remains sidelined by injury for tomorrow's game. The other injury doubts are Darren Tinson and Greg Young who both limped off last Saturday. Greg is likely to be fit but Darren is reported to be "struggling" to be so.

JT

Re: Loan Players
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »

Very glad to see their loans extended, because these two have been two of my favourite loan signings. I think that King has played very well in the midfield, one of the main reasons why we have started to play alot better, perhaps the unsung hero, works his arse off for the team and is solid 95% of the time. Cahill looked mint upfront, holds the ball up really well and has good skills. Shame he is injured at the moment though, does anyone know when he will be back?

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »

Good news. I suspect it would get a bit complicated if we were to extend the loan a third time - when is the deadline for loan signings at the end of the season?

Longman

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »

From site:

The loans to Altrincham of Liam King and Tom Cahill from Rotherham United have both been extended to 1st March inclusive. However, Tom remains sidelined by injury for tomorrow's game. The other injury doubts are Darren Tinson and Greg Young who both limped off last Saturday. Greg is likely to be fit but Darren is reported to be "struggling" to be so.

Move Shotts back into centre half and Laney can revert back to right back!

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:10:11 PM »

top banana

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

Is there a reason we have extended the loans only by a month?

altyf

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »

Is there a reason we have extended the loans only by a month?

Perhaps that is all Rotherham will allow, maybe there is an option to extend further on March 1.

Tom N.V.F.C

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:35:49 PM »

Good new for you lot looked good players when you lot came to us, Good luck tomorrow night i can see you gettin sumthin there

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 11:32:36 PM »

Good news. I suspect it would get a bit complicated if we were to extend the loan a third time - when is the deadline for loan signings at the end of the season?
third thursday in march.

shrewd move one month. TC may be injured at the moment but if he ge sfit again fast and stays fit we can make the loans last till the end of the season. but if he does not heal fast enougn or well enough he can go back without too much bother

chrisrufc

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:24:13 AM »

Having Cahill about seems to have coincided with all the strikers improving, I noticed Joe O'Neil getting plaudits from the Cambridge match from their manager and Colin Little has looked sharper since the new year

Longman

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »

Having Cahill about seems to have coincided with all the strikers improving, I noticed Joe O'Neil getting plaudits from the Cambridge match from their manager and Colin Little has looked sharper since the new year

Just out of interest mate, how come you know so much about us?  Is it purely cos you are following the progess of your loan players?

tim

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »

Very glad to see their loans extended, because these two have been two of my favourite loan signings. I think that King has played very well in the midfield, one of the main reasons why we have started to play alot better, perhaps the unsung hero, works his arse off for the team and is solid 95% of the time. Cahill looked mint upfront, holds the ball up really well and has good skills. Shame he is injured at the moment though, does anyone know when he will be back?

He's aiming be back in about a week/a week and a half, he's a tough lad and he's working great guns on it, so hopefully he wil be back sooner rather than later

chrisrufc

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »

Longman,

Always been a Miller through and through but also have always followed my local team which is now Alty, so I was delighted when King and Cahill arrived and I was probably the most excited person at the prospect of Alty v Rotherham in the pre season match. 

My brother got me an Alty shirt at Christmas so I'll be cheering the lads on in my red and white stripes tonight

tim

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »

Longman,

Always been a Miller through and through but also have always followed my local team which is now Alty, so I was delighted when King and Cahill arrived and I was probably the most excited person at the prospect of Alty v Rotherham in the pre season match. 

My brother got me an Alty shirt at Christmas so I'll be cheering the lads on in my red and white stripes tonight

I'm obviously biased, but the Rotherham squad must have some awesome strikers/midfielders if tomboy and Liam can be loaned out - you reckon this is the case?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 03:40:23 PM »

Did they both play against Altrincham in the pre-season game?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players