PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how about this for torquay
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: how about this for torquay  (Read 4473 times)

James Black

« on: January 30, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »

all bucket collections between now and torquay go towards getting supporters to torquay good idea or not

Jenga

Re: how about this for torquay
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »

all bucket collections between now and torquay go towards getting supporters to torquay good idea or not

Why would people give money to other fans to watch a football match?

The money should go directly to the club not other fans.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »

Rubbish I will gladly put in some money to reward the hardened loyal support that are traveling to this game, they deserve it!

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »

I would gladly give money to help the coaches.

If we give money to the club we dont specify what they should spend it on. We might as well give it directly to the coach.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »

Rubbish I will gladly put in some money to reward the hardened loyal support that are traveling to this game, they deserve it!

I dont mean to be rude but starting your post with Rubbsih is a little aggressive dont you think?

Perhaps your post without that word would make sense, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. To be honest I find the start of your thread quite out of order.

If the money is to go to the £100 donated by the club fine, but to give it to other people in my opinion is a none starter as much as I love you all, you can pay your own bills  ;D

markecky

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »

I dont mean to be rude but starting your post with Rubbsih is a little aggressive dont you think?

Perhaps your post without that word would make sense, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. To be honest I find the start of your thread quite out of order.

If the money is to go to the £100 donated by the club fine, but to give it to other people in my opinion is a none starter as much as I love you all, you can pay your own bills  ;D

Thats a pretty selfish attitude. If it was a collection so that people could go free you may have a point.

Its got nothing to do with paying peoples bills.  Its to do with the club having some representation and support down there, and people who cannot go helping those that can have a way of getting down there.

Judging by the pledges and the football card that is half full already, thankfully not everyone thinks like that.

PS.To do it by bucket collection is not the way as it would take to much explaining.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:44:33 PM by markecky »

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »

Dont be soft I didnt mean it in an aggressive way! Its hardly a harsh word is it ........

The people who dedicate a part of there life to following Alty deserve a reward/help, our away support is superb considering the football we have been playing most of the season and the increasing costs of traveling away. I salute the Alty that go to the Devon games so close together and I am sure allot of people who cant make the trip will gladly put in a few quid to make sure Alty are well supported down there!

Alex

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »

we're not going down for free, those of us on the coach are paying our fare with no complaints. what tom is asking for is for people to help cover the costs created by the empty seats

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »

All this talk about Torquay is making me think. If the game was played on a Saturday at 3pm in the summer i would almost certainly be there. But i would not want to go that far on a coach. I would go by train or drive and stay overnight. If both Torquay and Exeter were played in the same week, either Thursday and Saturday or Saturday and Tuesday i would stay there for a few days and go to both games. The fixture compilers should consider these things.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »

Its due firstly to Torquay not having their own stewards, then a postponement of the once moved tie Baldrick.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »

Yes it is crazy that a team like Torquay can't manage to provide stewards for a non league game. But surely they could have arranged the game for either the Thursday before or the Monday/Tuesday after Exeter.

Altyroo

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 03:23:48 PM »

I know Torquay is a rearranged fixture. But fixtures away at  two devon clubs in a week is totally stupid. Shouldnt the club take some responsabillity for agreeing this fixture, and put a bit towards the coach. Or even better Mr Goodwin giving a discount towards the hire of the coach.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »

I don't think the original thread asked for people who objected to it to try and put other people off it.  Its purely a personal thing that looks like raising a couple of hundred quid and achieving its aim.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=4445.0

If you don't like it, don't do it. Its really as simple as that.

Altyroo

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »

I dont object. I agree with you all totally. But couldnt the club do anything to help.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »

Mr Altyroo

Do you seriously think the club agreed to this fixture ?........"Oh let's take our part-time team on a 500 mile trip during midweek, it will be gerat for our players and as a bonus we can piss our fans off as well"........use your loaf mate
The original fixture was postponed and this is a re-arranged game. The club would have preferred to play this on a 'free' Saturday...........however there probably aren't any.

As for Mr Goodwin subsidising the coach, I believe he already does this by running them on a non-profit basis.....additionally he has offered a further discount for this trip.
Also, some people may recall that the bus turned around somwhere near Bristol on the original trip to Torquay, and I think Mr Goodwin returned the fares for this trip (but I may be wrong) !!!!!!!!
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team