News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO The Flag Owners

Author Topic: FAO The Flag Owners  (Read 3373 times)

Jenga

FAO The Flag Owners
« on: January 29, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »

Attention all flags, including Alty on Tour as this is usually at away games only I think.

May I suggest that ALL your flags are brought down on Thursday. If you cant get the flags to the ground yourself is there a way someone can bring it for you?

In addition I pressume that if we put the flags up behind the stand as usual they will not been seen clearly by the cameras, especialy when we are attacking that end.

Perhaps the flags could be placed over the barriers around the pitch so they can be seen.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FAO The Flag Owners
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

Attention all flags, including Alty on Tour as this is usually at away games only I think.

May I suggest that ALL your flags are brought down on Thursday. If you cant get the flags to the ground yourself is there a way someone can bring it for you?

In addition I pressume that if we put the flags up behind the stand as usual they will not been seen clearly by the cameras, especialy when we are attacking that end.

Perhaps the flags could be placed over the barriers around the pitch so they can be seen.

I suspect that the advertisers whose names are on those boards won't be too amused by that....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »

our alty on tour one can be there if ya like but it looks a bit silly at home. as for the other flags there kept in the office at the club i think.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »

I suspect that the advertisers whose names are on those boards won't be too amused by that....
Correct the allowing of flags on advertising hoardings is a none starter as there won't be many away fans there how about putting them behind the goal at the 20/20 end like York did.
@AltyDaz

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:22 PM »

good idea get them all in the chequers end!

penfold

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:09:45 PM »

Its a good Idea, and im all for advetising our flags for the camera's however, last season my m8 and i put our flag pitch side, we tied it down properley as well it took us a good 10mins but the stewards didnt take to kindly and asked us to move them.

What i suggest is if we all do it they will not arguee back however, if one person does they will remove tht flag.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »

Its a good Idea, and im all for advetising our flags for the camera's however, last season my m8 and i put our flag pitch side, we tied it down properley as well it took us a good 10mins but the stewards didnt take to kindly and asked us to move them.

What i suggest is if we all do it they will not arguee back however, if one person does they will remove tht flag.
Any flag that is placed on a advertising hoarding you will be asked to remove it, Company's have paid a lot of money to the club for the privilige of having there company advertised in the ground we don't ask you to remove them for no reason at all i know if i had an avertising board in the ground and was watching setana on thursday and seeing it covered with a flag or banner i wouldn't be to happy and would not renew for the next season. Even the away fans respect this decision. Rant over enjoy the game.
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »

If your company had paid £500 plus for a board and it was covered in the first live TV game for ten years then I don't think you'd be back.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »

right I bought Setanta for nights like this. I told Zoe that we need it cos then I wouldn't have to do midweek games if we are on ... Well ...

She was delighted to learn I've booked the day off and will be in attendance... She somehow thinks that means I got Setanta on false pretenses... Don't know what she means  :)

Flags will be in the Gold Road End.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:13:18 AM »

You have made the typo I always do..I wonder if its meant to be like that though as its a special place.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »

right I bought Setanta for nights like this. I told Zoe that we need it cos then I wouldn't have to do midweek games if we are on ... Well ...

She was delighted to learn I've booked the day off and will be in attendance... She somehow thinks that means I got Setanta on false pretenses... Don't know what she means  :)

Made me smile that.

The first time I ever went to a game was after following them in the paper for a few weeks in 1965 and in one of the reports, Jackie Swindells was reported as scoring in at the Gold Road end. I actually thought that was the name for a few visits until I saw the road sign and realised my mistake!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »

Ah ... Yes indeed a typo, altho I have heard there are a few secretly wealthy fans in that stand in that end so maybe one day we'll have a golden roof ? ...

Butty

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »

well, to be honest, I'd be grateful for a roof without holes in it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »

Trafford flags will not be required thanks we are Altrincham FC
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team