PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 O Neill for Senior (again)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: O Neill for Senior (again)  (Read 5144 times)

markecky

Re: O Neill for Senior (again)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 09:45:12 PM »

Joe O'Neill was superb today.  Superb.

louise1925

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »

Maybe GBs arrival can really help players like Joe. I'm glad he played well today and look forward to seeing the big improvement v Woking.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »

There was a point late in today's game where a ball was played to where O'Neill could/should have been. The radio commentators said he simply hadn't made the run the passed (JJ I think) was expecting.
Maybe shows JJ has a better footballing brain, but Joe had not put himself into the space.

Right, so Joe's fault then I see.

Come on people get a grip.

If you don't know what I mean put the words Asa instead of JJ and think about it.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »

RE: Joe O'Neill was superb today.  Superb.

Couldn't agree more. His work to set up Colin was top notch - chested it down and let loose a dream pass for Colin to round the keeper - excellent stuff. Joe also put himself about well and made good contributions. The nonsense at the top of this thread is a bit off the mark!

I was very proud of the lads today.

seasonticket

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 10:14:43 AM »

To all you lot complaining about O'Neil. May I refer you to Jimmyn Quinn's comments on another thread.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »

I was sceptical about Joe coming on.

I was - I am happy to say - wrong.

Well done Joe

Longman

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »

RE: Joe O'Neill was superb today.  Superb.

Couldn't agree more. His work to set up Colin was top notch - chested it down and let loose a dream pass for Colin to round the keeper - excellent stuff. Joe also put himself about well and made good contributions. The nonsense at the top of this thread is a bit off the mark!

I was very proud of the lads today.

Why is it "nonsense"??  I just feel that Senior is our most potent attacking option, I feel he should be on the pitch for ninety minutes!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »

The attacking option with Senior yesterday consisted of hopeful punts in his direction for him to run onto, it can work but most of the time a decent defence can mop that stuff up. Joe gave us a new approach yesterday and it paid off. I honestly thought initially that the pass was a touch too long for Colin but he did exceptionally well to touch it round the keeper.

Very unlucky I thought, the one off the bar was a goal, clearly to me, their first was a good 3 yards off, and as for the winner, a flokey deflection.

Coburn was however awesome, and did keep us in it. I've not seen today's NLP, anyone see what rating Stu gets?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »

When Joe came on I had a little moan to my mates about it. However, I thought his performance was excellent and I hope he can maintain this kind of form - his effort and determination deserve it.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »

The attacking option with Senior yesterday consisted of hopeful punts in his direction for him to run onto, it can work but most of the time a decent defence can mop that stuff up. Joe gave us a new approach yesterday and it paid off. I honestly thought initially that the pass was a touch too long for Colin but he did exceptionally well to touch it round the keeper.

Very unlucky I thought, the one off the bar was a goal, clearly to me, their first was a good 3 yards off, and as for the winner, a flokey deflection.

Coburn was however awesome, and did keep us in it. I've not seen today's NLP, anyone see what rating Stu gets?

Coburn gets a mark of 8......and is named as the goalkeeper in their 'Team Of The Day'.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »

O'Neil changed the game when he came on and altho his perfomances recently haven't been as good as last season he must be appauded for his attitude and determination as should the other players.

We lost 2-1 away at Cambridge, if we'd played this game before xmas it would have been 5,6 or 7 -0 so I believe we are going in the right direction !!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »

I thought Joe was great yesterday.He was very lively with a higher level of sharpness & positive determination & was instrumental in setting up Robbie's shot against the underside of the bar & Colin's goal...both excellent pieces of play!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 O Neill for Senior (again)