News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO unemployed coalminer

Author Topic: FAO unemployed coalminer  (Read 2386 times)

thegazelle

FAO unemployed coalminer
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »

with refernce to confguide and Mr Price was it the surgical supports ? or yifter the shifter. Where is he now?

thegazelle

Re: FAO unemployed coalminer
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »

bump

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »

Middlewich, but I think his mum and dad still live on Hermitage Road.

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

not seen him for nearly twenty years somehow i think he became a man utd fan . like so many people of our age that jumped ship in the late eighties. it hurts me to think of how people who were passionate and went home and away who were die hard  Alty fans can change teams. i know people stop going because they move / family responsibilities etc but how can they swop teams?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »

at one time all the surgical supports were alty regulars
i saw john the guitarist for the first time in 20 years last year

swapping teams? hmmm not quite but over the course of 25 years in london i have become a west ham fan and have a season ticket there. does this make me a bad person?
in my defence i still make as many of the south east alty games that work will permit (i would be at cambridge if i wasnt at work) but having no family/friends etc left in alty i wouldnt be coming up for games regularly anyway

thegazelle

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »

I dont decry anyone for watching other teams it is more the way certain people i know almost deny they were alty fans and have always been united fans. Scottie Ts (poster of the year for me) dad is a good example and his mum worked in the pools office with derek kennerley so he should know better.

The ghanaian way of supporting your team is actually better you just support the team that won the league last year. or real madrid. But even with that mentality they dont change Ghana teams so once aN Asante Kotoko fan always a porcupines fan. mind you i am thinking of swapping to the Cape coast Mysterious Dwarfs just because they have a better name or even Real Tamale United. Sorry dont know how i ended up back in ghana it must be this Africa cup thing making me home sick

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »

far from denying it i'm extremely proud of my altyultra years.
i think i have said it before but i hadnt been to a game for a few years until stevenage away last year. it amazed me the level of support and volume and passion there was, much more so than in the premier league. it really re-ignited something in me.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO unemployed coalminer