Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest Member - Ronnie E - is that Ronnie Ellis?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Latest Member - Ronnie E - is that Ronnie Ellis?  (Read 4562 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Member - Ronnie E - is that Ronnie Ellis?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »

I'm so so pleased it actually is Ronneeeeeeeeeee. Top man, and totally blew away the saying that meeting your heroes can be a disappointment as I found him to be top class at the Birmingham reunion.

I can't believe the thread has got this far without mentiong his 4 goals against Enfield in April 1988?89?. I was ballboying at the chequers end when Ronnie when goal crazy in the first half so got a great view.  :)

The transfer was a bizarre one, iirc Ronnie and Wembley hero Mick Farrelly in return for £2,500 and Keith Mountfield! Great, if we'd known we'd have got Showler anyway maybe they could've stayed!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 09:18:08 AM »

I'm so so pleased it actually is Ronneeeeeeeeeee. Top man, and totally blew away the saying that meeting your heroes can be a disappointment as I found him to be top class at the Birmingham reunion.

I can't believe the thread has got this far without mentiong his 4 goals against Enfield in April 1988?89?. I was ballboying at the chequers end when Ronnie when goal crazy in the first half so got a great view.  :)

The transfer was a bizarre one, iirc Ronnie and Wembley hero Mick Farrelly in return for £2,500 and Keith Mountfield! Great, if we'd known we'd have got Showler anyway maybe they could've stayed!

I think we got Nigel Shaw as well as Keith Mountford.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 10:45:46 AM »

Fisher Athletic (did they ever bring even one supporter with them?)

they didnt even have any supporters at their place
the first case of a totally transplanted club?

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »

Ronnie Ellis....surely a fave amongst even the most hardened Alty dissenters.....often called Ronald because of his resemblance (in personalityonly of course) to a certain advertising clown character for a well known burger chain.

My fave Ronnie moment was his winner Vs Lincoln which resulted in the Golf Rd Roof nearly coming off...oh and the equaliser V Birmingham was sheer class...possibly the best toe poke in the history of football.

Watch the York FA Cup game on the greatest moments DVD and watch Ronnie in his far too tight fitting grey kit (yes the kit was too tight he wasn't putting on weight) first to the Alty fans battling the York constabulary to stay behind and salute our heroes at the end of the match summoning the rest of the troops over.

I feel for the younger Alty fans who never witnesed this chirpy cheeky faced battler in action.....imagine Mark Maddox on happy pills laughing at a Gary Scott joke and you are half way to the magnitude of this man's character.

As Gazelle said..legend.....great player, great spirit...he made watching Alty more fun.

Oh and my sister has fond memories so thanks Ronnie for making her feel so welcome and part of the club.

Ronie..have you got your best moments on DVD so you can show your great grandchildren and say"that was me in the tightest greyest kit in the history of non league giantkilling?"
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest Member - Ronnie E - is that Ronnie Ellis?