News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge chairman resigns

Author Topic: Cambridge chairman resigns  (Read 2262 times)

James Black

« on: January 23, 2008, 12:47:28 AM »

cambridge chairman lee power has resigned. He leaves cambridge on the back of his former team destroying alty's relegation rival not for much longeR lets hope droylesden by 5-0. He resigns after been left underestimated by fellow board members and disagreement with the manager lets hope saturday is another cambridge defeat and that tonight for the form they were on before this comes back. ::)

Altyant

Re: Cambridge chairman resigns
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »

cambridge chairman lee power has resigned. He leaves cambridge on the back of his former team destroying alty's relegation rival not for much longeR lets hope droylesden by 5-0. He resigns after been left underestimated by fellow board members and disagreement with the manager lets hope saturday is another cambridge defeat and that tonight for the form they were on before this comes back. ::)

??? Ermmm the first 'sentance' made sense!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »

James, i think you'll find he announced his resignation before the match, not after it.

On a side note, can you cut the swearing out of most of your posts (I'm not talking about this one) as the school filter has now blocked all posts of yours and i need a laugh throughoout the day.

Cheers

altyf

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »

Truly inspiring James, good effort mate!

PS. I understood the bit in bold.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »

James, i think you'll find he announced his resignation before the match, not after it.

On a side note, can you cut the swearing out of most of your posts (I'm not talking about this one) as the school filter has now blocked all posts of yours and i need a laugh throughoout the day.

Cheers
www.145sqn.co.uk/funfunfun

uername proxy
password pr0xy

your welcome mike!

James Black

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 11:38:49 PM »

mike i'm sorry m8 but i'm going to have to prove u wrong for a change just got this off the club webpage to show i read it properly :-

Our next opponents, Cambridge United, ended their four-game run of defeats with a 5 -0 home win over Droylsden last night. But Radio Cambridgeshire reports that United chairman Lee Power resigned as chairman after the match

there u go m8

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:37:17 PM »

mike i'm sorry m8 but i'm going to have to prove u wrong for a change just got this off the club webpage to show i read it properly :-

Our next opponents, Cambridge United, ended their four-game run of defeats with a 5 -0 home win over Droylsden last night. But Radio Cambridgeshire reports that United chairman Lee Power resigned as chairman after the match

there u go m8

i got this off the website too.

Alty travel to Cambridge on Saturday. The Cambridge United website has posted the following announcement on their chairman's resignation (see also further down the page). "Chairman Lee Power has tendered his resignation from the board of Cambridge United Football Club. He announced his decision prior to tonight's match at home to Droylsden, which finished in a 5-0 win for the U's, and the board of Cambridge United has issued the following statement: 'We were very sad to hear of Lee's decision to go. He has worked very hard and the club has definitely moved on a tremendous amount from where it was 18 months ago when he joined us. We feel the club is moving in the right direction, both on and off the field, and Lee brought a tremendous amount of experience and hard work towards building towards a brighter future. We will all miss him very much and we wish him well. The Board will discuss the position of Chairman at a Board meeting on Monday'".

;)

Longsden, I'll give that a try. Cheers matey.

Stoneacre Lad

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »

Am I missing something here, what does it matter whether this Chairman resigned before or after the Droylsden match ? I dont give a toss either way but lets hope it disrupts them a wee bit and we can sneak something, stranger things have happened
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team