News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Horrible Fans

Author Topic: Some Horrible Fans  (Read 3463 times)

Jenga

Some Horrible Fans
« on: January 19, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »

I have noticed over recent months a small section of fans who seem to pick on a different player each week and slag him off.

The other week Warren Peyton according to these gentlemen was "f*cking rubbish".

This week it is Joe O'Neill does sprint.

The other week Heathcote is crap.

And prior to that Robbie is lazy.

I dont mind people having their say and criticising but shout and screaming at players when they clearly know f*ck all about football is rather annoying.

At 70 minutes the guys today were dead on their feet, they put in so much effort early on. It showed and York came back to 2-2. but to shout and scream that players need to close the opposition down and if they dont it is rubbish when the lads were clearly stuggling for stamina is quite annoying.

Guys, I suggest you look at tactics yourselves and dont ask the team to play school boy football which alot of your comments suggest and perhaps get behind the team when they are on the pitch instead of slagging them off.

I thank you.

alty86

Re: Some Horrible Fans
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 09:07:20 PM »

we are all entitled to opinions as paying customers but i agree that they should be kept to themselves until the pub after the game...slagging the players off will not have a positive effective! fact.  we all get frustrated but its best to sing your hearts out and get behind the team fo 90 minutes and not infact victimise one or two players that you feel are not up to scratch for whatever the reason might be...

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:13:02 PM »

I would imagine it would be quite demoralising to be trying your heart out and getting slagged off for not trying!

As Alty86 says, it can only do good to get behind the team during the match.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 02:05:09 AM »

Mr 'Staying Up'..............what are you talking about ?

Could write a lot about your stupid post, but I won't. Your perception that Alty 'reverted' to 1-5-4 says it all about your own view of the game
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 07:20:05 AM »

I was stood near jenga and i too could overhear the "everybodys sh*t" (even though were drawing with a superior side) and we are knackered,
erm very bored of hearing the back of the stand being kicked every 5 mins too

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 07:30:21 AM »

Peyton flatters to deceive for me, apart form the the goal against Kiddy he runs about like a headless chicken.

Do you think Peyton 'ran round like a headless chicken' yesterday or do you think he  man marked their No. 8 (Panther) for 90 mins?

Full time and proud of it

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »

I was stood near jenga and i too could overhear the "everybodys sh*t" (even though were drawing with a superior side) and we are knackered,
erm very bored of hearing the back of the stand being kicked every 5 mins too

I particularly agree about the last bit!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »

The main stand was fuller than recent weeks, I heard no descent from the supporters. In fact they were all behind the lads. The exception is the lady who comes out with spurious comments.

York improved with the 3 subs, and we let them back in with there first.

As we all state w are playing much better tha this time last month. GH etc need credit for that.

We have not one the battle yet, but we appear o be ading in the right direction.

Good if we can get something at cambridge and then the next 3 games will be like cup finals. 7-8 points from those games would help the survival fight

seasonticket

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »

In answer to Alty Dave's comment about the lady in the stand, I think you may be referring to my missus she gets very excited, waves her arms about, and shouts some very strange comments. All I can say is she is passionate about Alty and after all she is a woman. I do apologise.
PS I had better make sure she doesn't see this or I might be an ex Alty supporter.

Hodgey

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »

I put a negative post on here yesterday and although im not Peytons or O'Neils biggest fan, i read it again and come to the conclusion it was a load of bollocks so I removed it!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »

the next 3 games will be like cup finals. 7-8 points from those games would help the survival fight

If we can get 8 points from 3 games, we'll be doing very well indeed!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

VofD

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

the next 3 games will be like cup finals. 7-8 points from those games would help the survival fight

Inded, it would be a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How the hell do you get 8 points from 3 games ( 3 for a win, 1 for a draw)??????????????

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »

Inded, it would be a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How the hell do you get 8 points from 3 games ( 3 for a win, 1 for a draw)??????????????

That IS, actually, what I meant!

PS: Thanks for the "Peake"
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 08:06:02 PM »

I actually meant to post 4 games. 2 wins and 2 draws ;)

Mr season ticket, I am sure she is passionate we need as much positivity as possible with the rejuvinated Robins.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Horrible Fans