News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A question about the Kitkat crescent

Author Topic: A question about the Kitkat crescent  (Read 1708 times)

RocketDan

« on: January 19, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »

I was just wondering if any York fans, well i guess thats only Ukranian Phil, know how much money you get from nestle a season for naming your ground after one of their products and also how long the contract is for.

A lot of people will probly be against the naming of grounds on the basis of sponsorships, but I wouldnt object if (a rather unlikely if) we were paid us 50k a season to change the name of moss lane to the McDonalds Arena.

Its not like any of the fans would call it that, and it would be a welcome income boost, and no before you say it, it isn't "selling your soul" its just business.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: A question about the Kitkat crescent
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »

The deal seems to have been a bit of a mess.

It started off (I think) as £100,000 over 2 seasons but then it was spread over 4 seasons when the bloke at the top of the Nestle factory in York changed and they realised they couldn't afford to shell out so much money at one go.

AMFT

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »

Phil's got it spot on.

Although it does sound silly to name a football ground after a wafer based chocolate product, most of our fans and opposition fans still see it and call it Bootham Crescent.

I'm glad it was Nestle that sponsored it as they are one of the traditional employers of our city and is something outsiders distinguish with the city of York. Rowntree's and then Nestle have employed thousands of people in York.

I do firmly believe the residents of York are still very proud of their city and are always happy to tell people where they come from with pride. I don't think there are many towns and cities in the country where the residents think like that anymore.

Hope today's game is a good one and we win 6-5. Then, you go on a good run and keep yourselves up comfortably.

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »

How about we win 6-5 and then you go on a good run which gets you into the play offs? £100,000 for 4 years just to change your grounds name seems like very good business sense to me.

AMFT

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:34:55 AM »

How about we win 6-5 and then you go on a good run which gets you into the play offs? £100,000 for 4 years just to change your grounds name seems like very good business sense to me.

Deal.  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team