News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Genuine Tales of Macc Stupiity

Author Topic: Genuine Tales of Macc Stupiity  (Read 1348 times)

Geoff

« on: January 18, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »

I know like all Alty fans I've a certain prejudice against Macc, but it does astound me how I never seem to hear of or meet someone from Macc who doesn't seem to be a little backward.  Thought I'd share an example and see if anyone has any other tales...

A few weeks ago a taxi driver in Huddersfield on learning that I was from Cheshire told me about a fare he took to Macclesfield.  He picked her up outside Huddersfield train station, and asked her why she didn't get the train instead as it was obviously gonna cost a fair bit.  She replied that she was sure her husband was having an affair, that she thought the other woman was at their house and she wanted to get back home ASAP to catch them at it.  Unfortunately there was a flaw to her plan - she didn't know how to get home so had to ring her husband up for directions.  Thus giving her husband plenty of warning and time for the other lass to do one, and ultimately defeating the whole object of her travelling by taxi.

Altyant

Re: Genuine Tales of Macc Stupiity
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:19:52 PM »

I know like all Alty fans I've a certain prejudice against Macc, but it does astound me how I never seem to hear of or meet someone from Macc who doesn't seem to be a little backward.  Thought I'd share an example and see if anyone has any other tales...

A few weeks ago a taxi driver in Huddersfield on learning that I was from Cheshire told me about a fare he took to Macclesfield.  He picked her up outside Huddersfield train station, and asked her why she didn't get the train instead as it was obviously gonna cost a fair bit.  She replied that she was sure her husband was having an affair, that she thought the other woman was at their house and she wanted to get back home ASAP to catch them at it.  Unfortunately there was a flaw to her plan - she didn't know how to get home so had to ring her husband up for directions.  Thus giving her husband plenty of warning and time for the other lass to do one, and ultimately defeating the whole object of her travelling by taxi.

HAHAHAHA!!!  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team