News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty sign battersby

Author Topic: Alty sign battersby  (Read 3865 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Alty sign battersby
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »

Hughesy was right with his previous post!

Is this a good move for Alty? He did look good on Boxing Day..

altyf

Re: Alty sign battersby
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »

ALTY SIGN BATTERSBY
Altrincham FC have signed former Northwich Victoria defender Richard Battersby. Richard, born on 12 September 1979, joined Vics in 2005, having previously been at Radcliffe Borough. He will have squad number 17 and is available for tomorrow's game.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »

I believe he can play midfield as well....the fact that 99% of vics fans really rate him on this thread will do for me...

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=1921.0

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »

I have spoke to the Vics fan I know and they liked him ...

Alex

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »

great news  he looked good for vics and it provides us more options in centre mid and cover at center back (maybe this is why munners was released). so who next micheal carr?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:21:45 PM by The Duke »

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »

I am just sitting down to a plate of my own words. Humble pie for dessert.

Welcome to Alty Rich and good luck with the robins. Its a delight to sign another player whose former fans speak so highly of him!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »

I remember saying to Alan B a few years back that I really rated the right back from Radcliffe when we were in the Unibond and hadn't realised he'd moved to Vics. Thought he was their best player by a mile on Boxing Day and couldn't believe it when he was on the bench for the return.
Anyone for 5 at the back with Laney or Tinno alongside Shots and Young with Richard and James doing the old wing-back thing?!!!!!!

matnvfcmad

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »

good signing what an earth is dino selling one of our best players to a relegation rival club not a wise move

markecky

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 05:50:11 PM »

To be fair he probably did one or more of the following

A) Fell out with Dino (not to had, allegedly)

B) Thought that being in a squad of 30+ was not good

C) Wondered where the cash was coming from to pay all these people and worried about his mortgage.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »

Battersby on board
By Connor Murphy
Comment
ALTY have made their seventh signing of the January transfer window after capturing full back Richard Battersby from bitter rivals Northwich.

The Vics fans' favourite fell victim to manager Dino Maamria's overhaul at the Victoria Stadium, paving the way for him to cross the divide.

Battersby will go straight into the squad for tomorrow's Blue Square Premier game against York at Moss Lane.

How he will fit into the team remains to be seen, with Chris Lane a consistently solid performer at right back this season, but the 28-year-old can also play in midfield and is another impressive addition to Alty's improving squad.

It became clear Battersby was on his way out of Vics after he posted a farewell message on a Northwich supporters' internet message board.

"After recent discussions with Dino, it's clear that it's in my best intrest to leave the club," he said.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans for their support, players and managers come and go but the fans will always remain.

"I shall look forward to returning to the VS as an opposing player."

Battersby was a key player in the Northwich side which romped to the Conference North title in 2006 and was also a regular starter as the club secured a midtable finish in the Conference last season.

He made more than 100 appearances for Vics after joining from Radcliffe Borough in 2005.

2:58pm today

@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »

I remember saying to Alan B a few years back that I really rated the right back from Radcliffe when we were in the Unibond and hadn't realised he'd moved to Vics. Thought he was their best player by a mile on Boxing Day and couldn't believe it when he was on the bench for the return.
Anyone for 5 at the back with Laney or Tinno alongside Shots and Young with Richard and James doing the old wing-back thing?!!!!!!

I still haven't forgiven the T**t for scoring the winning penalty in the 2003 Unibond paly off final penalty shoot out v Chorley.  >:(

cheeky trucker

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:02 PM »

great news  he looked good for vics and it provides us more options in centre mid and cover at center back (maybe this is why munners was released). so who next micheal carr?

Quality player, sad in a way that he's left us; however he isn't an option in the centre of your defence (untried in that position as far as I know) and probably not the answer you are looking for in midfield, surely that's why you acquired Jake Sedge?    ...... Batts is a right back .... competent at his job, as you'll have witnessed Boxing Day.   Any further expectations ..... you're deluding yourself.   ..... Genuinely ... wish him all the best .... certainly 100% in a green shirt. ;)

altyf

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 10:42:20 PM »

Quality player, sad in a way that he's left us; however he isn't an option in the centre of your defence (untried in that position as far as I know) and probably not the answer you are looking for in midfield, surely that's why you acquired Jake Sedge?    ...... Batts is a right back .... competent at his job, as you'll have witnessed Boxing Day.   Any further expectations ..... you're deluding yourself.   ..... Genuinely ... wish him all the best .... certainly 100% in a green shirt. ;)

Sedgemore hasn't really lived up to expectation in my eyes and to be honest, after seeing Kidderminster and Northwich fans rave about him, I've been slightly disappointed with his performances and with Chris Lane being a consistent performer at right back, I think most Alty fans would find a central midfielder more useful than a right back at this point in time.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »

I have spoke to the Vics fan  and he liked him ...

Moderator Edit: Correction added by Ballers
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty sign battersby