Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is battersby on his way to moss lane? (not les)

Author Topic: Is battersby on his way to moss lane? (not les)  (Read 2400 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

Looks like he's signed off with the Vics

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=1921.0

Alty365

Re: Is battersby on his way to moss lane? (not les)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »

If that is genuine then his attitude appears to be spot on - just what we would want here. However, if he's as useful as some fans on there have indicated we might have our work cut out to attract him to Moss Lane. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »

Its good to see a player going on a forum like that.

From the reaction he seems a decent player. Will he want full time terms if Alty are  interested?

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »

At a guess I'd say he was Droylsden-bound.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

One of the posters there seems to think that Byrne is on his way too, along with Maylett and Michael Carr.

Good job those rumours about all the players thinking Maamria's a prick and wanting to leave aren't true, no siree, just rumour mongering that.  :)

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 09:35:33 AM »

Tbf fair Ballers, what Maamria seems to be doing is trying to assemble his own squad of players, rather than using the ones he inherited from other managers. It's a case of out with the old and in with the new really. However, what perplexes me, is that he appears to be bringing in the new without getting rid of the old first, so what he is left with is a massive squad they clearly can't afford. There is a list of between 10-15 players that the club don't need or want, but they aren't going anywhere. Unless they do something quickly, administration beckons.

Narcissist

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 09:55:08 AM »

Do we need another defender?

If we were to sign this guy then one of Asa or Scotty has to go. The time for sentiment is over. Besides if we want him on attitude alone Asa and Scotty already pip him to the post and we know that.

Dont really see why we'd sign him but you never know. Another winger is what we need in my eyes if we're looking for depth in the squad.

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 12:49:14 PM »

Chris Williams is a winger, who they cleary don't want. I think there was some mention of him being denied the chance to train at Alty recently. His contract situation sounds a bit complex to say the least!

altyf

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »

Anyone else seen the following post on the Northwich forum

"Yes, good luck to you Batts. I must say I'm worried a little. From afar, it looks like an inexperienced board and an inexperienced manager rapidly assembling an inexperienced team. It would be nice to see us adding a few players around a nucleus of experienced ones, rather than these wholesale changes and a huge squad, in which players can become disaffected. I realise Dino has to break a few eggs to fix things, but I hope he hasn't gone too far. I think Graham Barrow has been Alty's best signing this month, an appointment that could well keep them up. I wish Dino had that kind of experienced backup"

Its on the second page of the "Battersby thread", just thought it might be of interest.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team