PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 congratulations have to go to Havant & waterlooville
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: congratulations have to go to Havant & waterlooville  (Read 3760 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: congratulations have to go to Havant & waterlooville
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »

Yes & Graham Heathcote has come across his video of the Liverpool v Alty F.A. Cup game & that nice Mr. Rowley is going to copy it onto DVD & sell it in the Club Shop!

It's all coming together!

About bloody time!

The last time I asked him about it he said that he thought he possessed a copy and that it was located somewhere in his garage.
Glad to see that some overdue tidying up has finally unearthed it after all these years!

I still have vague memories of watching the film of Liverpool v Alty projected on a big screen at the Cresta Court Hotel.

I used to have a copy of this but I haven't seen it for years.The video has a commentary on it & I am sure that the club will sell quite a fewcopies of it.

Mister Flynn,

From my distant memories of watching that footage of the Liverpool FA Cup tie all those years ago, I seem to recall that the match commentary was rather 'dodgy' and contained a few howlers?

Couldn't you employ your Radio Manchester-approved dulcet tones and overdub a commentary on this forthcoming DVD?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: congratulations have to go to Havant & waterlooville
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »

Yes & Graham Heathcote has come across his video of the Liverpool v Alty F.A. Cup game & that nice Mr. Rowley is going to copy it onto DVD & sell it in the Club Shop!

It's all coming together!

About bloody time!

The last time I asked him about it he said that he thought he possessed a copy and that it was located somewhere in his garage.
Glad to see that some overdue tidying up has finally unearthed it after all these years!

I still have vague memories of watching the film of Liverpool v Alty projected on a big screen at the Cresta Court Hotel.

I used to have a copy of this but I haven't seen it for years.The video has a commentary on it & I am sure that the club will sell quite a fewcopies of it.

Mister Flynn,

From my distant memories of watching that footage of the Liverpool FA Cup tie all those years ago, I seem to recall that the match commentary was rather 'dodgy' and contained a few howlers?

Couldn't you employ your Radio Manchester-approved dulcet tones and overdub a commentary on this forthcoming DVD?

Grahame Rowley indicated that his familiarity with the Alty players was somewhat limited but hey any commentary is better than no commentary in my view!

I could overdub & come out with some real smart arse lines such as "This has got 4-1 to the European Cup Champions written all over it!!!"
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 congratulations have to go to Havant & waterlooville