PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty  (Read 21780 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »

BA want to sell it for housing. its prime land 10 acres or so i would say. its the spot i had banked on. i would however buy into the rugby club next door for the extra land and keep the cricket pitch where it is but build the stadium where pitch 3 is at bowdon. keep pitch 1&2 for the rugby club and and use the club house as the robins Retreat i would knowc down the BA club and build a new all purpose Community Sports club with Gym Changing Rooms for sports teams swimming, club fitness Centre and Youth Centre for promising local talent. any young players get free access for as long as they are signed to the club and continue in education. all the rest is bang on what hughsey has put down

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »

With the building of the Station Location, Altrincham will be at the forefront of ice-rink & extreme sports in the north west. How I would love to see Trafford cater for more conventional sports with a state of the art modern stadium and all weather pitches catering for football, rugby, cricket, hockey and British Bulldog as well as covering commercial interests.

RocketDan

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 10:59:04 PM »

• extend the bar and have it open during the whole of the match
  • get cheer leaders which large breasts
  • put a roof on the away end
  • put a new roof around the ground with no pillers obscuring views
  • get everyone on full time contracts
  • hire a full time press agent / PR guy
  • girl the burger van girl a george forman grill
  • SHEARER!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 01:12:45 AM by RocketDan »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »

British Airways own it,and due to green belt restrictions Im sure it would be a non starter, but what a truely fantastic site it could be for "altrincham" as a town, all under the banner of the towns football club. I often gaze across at timperley cricket club and think you could tuck a nice 7.500 capacity stadium on a little corner of the golf course next to the hockey pitches,and have that as the towns "sports club" and that a trick was missed with that many many years ago.I would be 100% something like that at clay lane which would see club self sustaining for many years,and novelty factor would bring punters across from the timperley pitches and save others the drive to the JJB through the trafford centre traffic and the smell of poo from davyhulme sewage farm on summer evevings. Just need to find about £3 mil to bribe the council,build the ground and pitches and redecorate the huge social club thats already there!

I'll tell you where would have been perfect. The Aimson Road developments (near Borroklands roundabout) not too far from Alty and Timperley, good transport, excellent location.

Alty365

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »

British Airways own it,and due to green belt restrictions Im sure it would be a non starter, but what a truely fantastic site it could be for "altrincham" as a town, all under the banner of the towns football club. I often gaze across at timperley cricket club and think you could tuck a nice 7.500 capacity stadium on a little corner of the golf course next to the hockey pitches,and have that as the towns "sports club" and that a trick was missed with that many many years ago.I would be 100% something like that at clay lane which would see club self sustaining for many years,and novelty factor would bring punters across from the timperley pitches and save others the drive to the JJB through the trafford centre traffic and the smell of poo from davyhulme sewage farm on summer evevings. Just need to find about £3 mil to bribe the council,build the ground and pitches and redecorate the huge social club thats already there!

I'll tell you where would have been perfect. The Aimson Road developments (near Borroklands roundabout) not too far from Alty and Timperley, good transport, excellent location.

I reckon the area next to Sinderlad Road would have been ideal too.

RocketDan

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »

what about sale rugby club?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »

And the fact that there's a brook behind the popular side  ???

That would be the drainage for the Gents under the new home end (I too have dallied with the 90 degree rotation thingy!)  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2008, 09:03:38 AM »

What about Sale Rugby Club ??? - Sale Rugby Club still play Rugby there !!!

Narcissist

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »

Its in Sale

I would quite simply spend a million on the ground re-designed by frosty, 2 million on a training complex including all the clobber hughesy mentioned with him as site manager, hire ecky to hire the people ecky said he'd hire. Spend a million on developing the youth structure that attracts the best kids in Cheshire/South Manchester to our 2 million hughesycamp. A million in the coffers to cover wages, transfers and expenses for 1st 2 years. Then stick 10 mil in the bank with GW as fund manager to run the club off the interest after the 2 years.

Id have to keep GH/GB/GG involved. Id want the club to be run with the same values. We'd go full-time but try to keep an average age of 23 for the squad. If the club ever made a loss we would look at ways to reduce the budget (sack ecky).

Isnt Alty365 a taxman or similar? id give him a job so we never repeat our past tax payment issues.

Id also revert to black and red stripes.

Finally I would employ Phil...................and then fire him  ;D ;D ;D

The point is, by employing all the best suggestions with true alty fans managing them we become a community business with a secure future.

Keep playing the euromillions lads!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2008, 11:11:07 AM »

What about Sale Rugby Club ??? - Sale Rugby Club still play Rugby there !!!

Sale play at Stockport now. I think their old Heywood Road ground is used by Sale FC (I think) :)

markecky

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »

Sale Rugby Club still play at Sale Rugby Club.  Sale Sharks was a franchise that played there.

The Fan

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »

• extend the bar and have it open during the whole of the match
  • get cheer leaders which large breasts
  • put a roof on the away end
  • put a new roof around the ground with no pillers obscuring views
  • get everyone on full time contracts
  • hire a full time press agent / PR guy
  • girl the burger van girl a george forman grill
  • SHEARER!!!!!!!

Re extending the bar.

I'm sure there are licensing restrictions (apart from at Droylesden of course) but this is something I have often put forward. The mass scrummage and 4 deep at the bar at half time puts many off from even wanting to buy a drink.

The fact that the numbers in the stands may be down by about 200-300 in the second half (based on most first half performances !!!!) can be counter balanced with money over the bar. 

Jezza

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »

I think every self respecting Alty fan has always dreamed and considered this possibility..here's my well thought out plan;

I'd put a new covered terrace on the 20/20/ carol nash(Chequers end) and call it the Jackie Swindells Chequers End.....£1.5m

I'd replace the main stand with a  new cantilever construction that runs the length of the ground with no pillars and put in new offices and bar/restaurant complex below and sponsors boxes at the back..............£2m

I'd take down the old floodlights and replace with huge 4th division type square things...£100k.

I'd do a deal with man U or City to use their training complexes.

All advertising hoardings would carry the name of an Alty legend.

I'd put the rest into the bank as a trust fund and use the interest as playing/staff budget.

I'd put in Dave Tracey, Brian Flynn, the Gazelle and Mark Ecky as directors (no disrespect to the current board)  (they'd implement all the tram advertising, admission reductions, commercial manager side) and then I'd enjoy watching us shoot into the premiership within 10 years with growing attendances averaging 20k by the year 2017.

The money would probably go to my head and I'd build a marina on the brook and employ a harbourmaster to retrieve lost balls.

I'd also remain as an anonymous benefactor and let the players, management and directors take the credit.

Jezza

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »

PS I'd put the 'cote, Kingy and Mark Maddox in charge of the Alty former players social society and reserve free seats and hospitaility to any former alty legends.

A museum would be included in the new main stand complex.

Far too often legends are forgotten about and never seen again at moss lane..we are a family who should look after and stay in contact with all former idols.

and I'd get bernard down to moss lane as guest of honour one match soon.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:07 PM »

£15m you say? I'd buy the freehold, sell it for housing, move the club out to some godforsaken wasteland, sell naming rights to a beer company, move in a premier league reserve team and give them priority over Altrincham, keep all the hospitality revenue, and sell the playing side to some mug punter. Pretty soon my £15m would be £25m. And I want my own parking space.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you were given £15M and the keys to Alty