PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fund raising idea
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fund raising idea  (Read 5463 times)

Spangles

Re: Fund raising idea
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:37:02 PM »

Altry 365.

Still non the wiser?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »

Alty365,

Just a quick thought.

As 2008 is a Leap Year, do you need to change your name (albeit temporarily) to Alty366?

Sorry.....my mind is wandering this evening.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »

Alty365,

Just a quick thought.

As 2008 is a Leap Year, do you need to change your name (albeit temporarily) to Alty366?

Sorry.....my mind is wandering this evening.

I'm not sure - I might leave it as "365" and have a day off instead.  ;)

Butty

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »

i've said it once i've said it again i like peaking people for fun, they have no real meaning and when people react it makes me laugh for being so petty!

note: i have not peaked you for a while 365 but ATS you got one on thursday oh and duke and daycare i'm coming for you mother lickers!

exactly, it is just meaningless fun. Have a peake:)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 09:51:20 PM »

I got 8 peakes for using the word chink the other day, that after we'd established via Alan Partidge and Micheal that it was actually allowed! :( :'(

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00:25 PM »

I got 8 peakes for using the word chink the other day, that after we'd established via Alan Partidge and Micheal that it was actually allowed! :( :'(

Too many Guardian readers out there!!!!!

Any Partridge quote is worth a Goodwin in my book.

I was only thinking that when house hunting the otherday as I wanted to use the Buck Rogers toilet!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 11:58:18 PM »

i've said it once i've said it again i like peaking people for fun, they have no real meaning and when people react it makes me laugh for being so petty!

note: i have not peaked you for a while 365 but ATS you got one on thursday oh and duke and daycare i'm coming for you mother lickers!

I agree entirely - chill out world!!!

That coming from the world's most humourless person.

Rosie,

I know at least seven people who find me very humorous, even entertaining

and Three of them aren't related to me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

Rosie,

and Three of them aren't related to me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quite correct, Phil.

I used to watch you play football at Alty Grammar and you never failed to make me laugh.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 08:41:26 AM »

Oh right, thanks Mr Cult

That's eight now then...I'm on a roll (Bacon please) ;D

Alty365

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »

Rosie,

They must all be mentally ill

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »

Am sorry but i'm a newbee. What is Goodwin/Peake that people are getting a tad sensitive about?

Well, it started out (and please correct me if I'm wrong GW) as a bit of fun I think for people to reward good posts and give negative marks for poor posts. A Goodwin is issued for a good posting or one you find humerous (named after our very own Geoff Goodwin) and a Peake is issued for a poor, negative, or bad taste posting (after FGR's very own Colin Peake who did not exactly cover himself in glory over our points deduction two seasons ago). From these you get your positive and negative karma rating that you see below your username on any of your posts. Just click on Goodwin to give a positive point to a poster or Peake to give a negative point. Problems start with this system for a whole host of reasons:

• People getting overly upset over some ridiculous and ultimately meaningless rating system....it's not worth the stress people. I only hope you have nothing more serious to worry about
  • Personal vendettas and personality clashes
  • Who knows, maybe even false positives because some forum members want to jump the bones of others
  • Tit-for-tat ratings

Personally, I think it would probably have been better if there were no negative ratings and then you would get a more true reflection of what people thought of your posts. If they appeal you reward, if they don't, you don't. Simple. If you disagree with a positing then you reply to it. I see no point in peaking someone unless you are prepared to back it up with a posting explaining what you don't like.

Anyway, I'm sure, as stated earlier, this was meant to be just a bit of fun and NOT to be taken seriously.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 01:10:21 PM »

p.s. This has gone very off topic.

I actually quite like Baldricks idea and anything that could be achieved online or via email would be a bonus for those of us exiled beyond blighty's shores. I am still a mmember of a couple of similar competitions from places where I used to work in the UK (just for fun rather than fundraising).

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

baldrick

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »

Thanks Uncle. Have a Goodwin.

Narcissist

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »

The fact that people even comment when Goodwin or Peake rating changes perplexes me.

It means nothing

Move on
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fund raising idea