Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty make it onto Setanta at home at last..according to Woking..
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alty make it onto Setanta at home at last..according to Woking..  (Read 8010 times)

markecky

Woking board says that Alty v Woking has been moved forward to Thursday 31st January for live coverage.

Wonders never cease

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/pages/news.asp?ID=1907
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:06:41 PM by markecky »

joe

Re: Alty make it onto Setanta at home at last..according to Woking..
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »

Until Setanta decide to pull it again!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »

What do we get financially for this again, I can foresee a max 600 gate with negligible travelling support for that on a Thursday?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »

I think we get £5000 (plus the share of the pot at the end of the season)

I don't think it will hit the crowd that much.  Woking would have brought 50 on a Saturday, probably be 25 now and we will have our usual 700.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »

woking dont bring many as it is they only took 50 when we played them

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »

TV coverage now confirmed on official site.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:40:37 PM »

£5k will mean its worthwhile then, although I still am not keen on the chopping and changing of fixtures.

Why the Peake for the previous FFS?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »

£5k will mean its worthwhile then, although I still am not keen on the chopping and changing of fixtures.

Because there are some very sad and spineless people around who would rather click a stupid button than express an intelligent opinion.

Alex

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 04:48:37 PM »

great news we can finally be on tv at moss lane (fingers crossed) hope it's a good game as i've just convinced 5 people in my office to tune in

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »

I know i am in the minority on this one but i believe Setanta will do as much damage to non league football as Sky have done to the premier league. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Clubs should refuse to move fixtures just to suit television companies. The sooner Setanta die the better.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »

I know i am in the minority on this one but i believe Setanta will do as much damage to non league football as Sky have done to the premier league. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Clubs should refuse to move fixtures just to suit television companies. The sooner Setanta die the better.

Agreed the highlight program is good but the financial arrangements are a joke for the live games..

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »

Because there are some very sad and spineless people around who would rather click a stupid button than express an intelligent opinion.

The bad news is that I clicked a stoopid button. The good news is it was a Goodwin.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »

Agreed the highlight program is good but the financial arrangements are a joke for the live games..

Well, we're being paid £5,000. A very useful sum of money at our level, and no that won't be eaten up by 500 people who would have been there on a Saturday giving it a miss.

crossie

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 10:37:03 PM »

I personally think this TV deal is a joke to be honest. Like someone posted previously the bigger clubs will get richer and the smaller will lose out. Im glad we fianlly have a game being shown at moss lane as they have shown us the boot on the previous occasiouns, 3rd time luky. However, there seems to be a constant trend with sh*tanta, that they will only show the big clubs like Oxford, Exeter and Torquay Woking. Torquay have been on the box evey month i think and execter have been on 4 or 5 times. Dont you think the relegation scraps are jst as exciting to watch as the play off hopefulls are.

Alex

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »

but in truth don't you think most armchair supporters of football (those that have only ever seen it on tv) are probably more interested in the premiership for a start and for setanta to make it worth there while to show the confrence (which is better off for it - how else would we be guarenteed 7k a season) they have to show teams that these peopl have heard of so that they actually tune in. and im sure that the top 4 or 5 teams in this division play a lot better football than we do. just like either united, arsenal and chelski are shown on sky more over the season than the likes of derby,wigan and  Birmingham, it's all about ratings and unfortunatly we don't capture the attention of the armchair supporter like an oxford or torquay do (plus for there part of showing small clubs they show histon as the lil club that could)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty make it onto Setanta at home at last..according to Woking..