News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Inquiries from a local rival

Author Topic: Inquiries from a local rival  (Read 1383 times)

Faxthewax

« on: January 12, 2008, 10:14:40 AM »

Hi,
Being a Droylsden fan myself, I just wanted to have a quick post to see what you guys think of your chances for the remainder of the season now that you've hauled yourself out of the bottom four? (I'll grudgingly congratulate you for that).  Where do you think the difference has been made recently. Is it January signings? and how many points do you think will be good enough for survival or is it just a case of finish above Farsley?

From the Bloods fans point of view I think more and more of us are realising that we're probably not going to be here come the end of the season, so we're starting to see this as a learning experience and hopefully we can bounce back and be better and wiser for it.  Thats not to say we've given up hope as there are still plenty of games left but there's been too many games recently where we've been throwing leads and points away - our game against York on new years day being a prime example. The part time status really shows as well as we've put in performances lately where we've really struggled with fitness in the second half. I think its a case of just enjoy the rest of the season and see what happens personally - there's been plenty of good memories so far such as beating Oxford in front of Setanta.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Butchers next month - should be a good day
Let me know your thoughts

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
Re: Inquiries from a local rival
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »

The loan signings in January have cetainly made a difference. It's rare that such a large influx of loan players settle into a team so quickly; you normally find that one or two just don't fit in or can't be bothered.
As far as the part-time vs full-time debate goes, well in my opinion it's not just a matter of fittness. The full-time teams have plenty of time to work on team work, tactics, set pieces as well as being able to analyse their weeknesses (and the opositions) and put things right that have gone wrong - difficult if you only have a couple of evening sessions each week. In recent seasons the part-time clubs have suffered more as the season progresses, so the last third of the season can be a real grind!
As for our chances - well a lot depends on the results between ourselves and Droylsden/Stafford/Farsley. However, if we play as well as we did on tuesday against Kiddiminster I think we can pick up a few more points against mid-table teams. But you're right, there are still a lot of points to play for, and I believe it will go down to the wire between the current bottom five sides (squeeky-bum time!)
(p.s. - thanks for the peake Mike)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:58:00 AM by Flagger M »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team