News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Grahams - start of a new era

Author Topic: The Grahams - start of a new era  (Read 1201 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »

I'm very pleased with the appointment of Graham B and do see it as the start of a new era which hopefully will see us push on to a mid-table position in the next season or so!!
I have been as critical as others about Graham H at times, mostly due to the negativity we sometimes show in our play and I do hope that we do try to be a little more positive, the fitness shouldn't really be such an issue now with the full-time lads in the team. Tuesday night was a bloody good start!!
One plea I'd like to make to the Grahams.........can we please start leaving a couple of forwards up when we're defending a corner?!!! I still can't see the point of players like Senior and Little going back to defend and it also means whatever the clearance, it's going to go to one of the opposition. I'm not sure if Pacey's 4 up is the answer but if we leave 2 up it means the opposition probably have 4 players (including goalie) back plus the corner taker so can only have 6 in or around the box.....surely we've still have enough back to defend that?!!
Looking forward to giving York a better game than the other week!!

James Black

Re: The Grahams - start of a new era
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 02:28:01 AM »

confusing times ahead in the alty changing room with two grahams should be a laugh for the players though they'll be winding them both up in the early days of there partnership lets hope it's as good as the dalton and heathcote one
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team