News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty's Preperation

Author Topic: Alty's Preperation  (Read 2598 times)

penfold

Alty's Preperation
« on: January 11, 2008, 08:37:02 PM »

This type of post has probably been discussed before, but im hear just 2 ask a question.
At the moment do the alty first team train twice or once aweek? Also if it was that we only trained once, would there be any way that we coulf in crease the amount of trainning and prepeation for the game i.e train at most 3 times?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty's Preperation
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »

It would defiantly benefit the team but we have to understand that the players are part time and have jobs and families, playing once a week training twice and working fulltime will take its toll on any marriage!  Maybe they could introduce an optional 3rd training session where by the players who can turn up do but there is no requirement...or perhaps to improve fitness a weekly run for the more local lads...

penfold

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »

It was just a thought becasue i have rugby trainning at least 3 times a week on some occasions its 4, and then a match on sat. However, the training sessions are only for 1hour, so i was thinking if they had the training  mid-week, depending on match, then the players have thurs and fr, sunday , monday with familly. Wich is quite alot, however, they dont train untill about 8o'clock then it gives people chance to get there straight from work.

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:51:51 PM »

Am I right in thinking not all our players are local?

penfold

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:53:38 PM »

Yh i believe there is a fair few players who travel quite away in-order to play for us.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:59:54 PM »

Training is Tues and Thurs unless there is a match.

They also come in early for home games I think to work on set pieces.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »

I'll dig out my old semi pro hat for a minute here.

Training Tuesday and Thursday nights is a ball ache, particularly if you aren't completely local. If you trained on wednesday nights as well you wouldn't see your families for the best part of three days. I'd imagine for players with young children that getting home at 9.30pm may mean missing putting them to bed for 3 consecutive nights, especially if they have gone straight from work.

It's also very tiring. Full timers can train every day because they do so in the mornings, have massages etc wherever necessary and rest for the rest of the day. The best example to illustrate that is if you have a tough session in the evening, your muscles are sore and then you have to spend the next day sat at a desk cramped up before going training again. It can be very difficult and being only 90% fit can make a huge difference, particularly if you're not playing every single game and are therefore match fit.

Conference fitness levels are immense and make no mistake, your Lawtons, Peytons, indeed everyone will put in their own fitness work on non training days, be that running or a gym session to get the required levels.

If you don't believe me you should see how fat some can go once they stop doing the training......

.... I'm talking about Nigel Callaghan of course.  :o

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »

I work with a Scottish 1st division left back - he gets to mark Nakamura tomorrow!
I think he trains 2 or 3 evenings a week as his team are part time. This after his 8 hours stuck behind a desk.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 11:18:46 AM »

One hour for lunch, two fifteen minute breaks, six walks to the coffee machine, numerous needless trips to the toilet, a little bit of unneccessary photocopying, checking texts, sending texts, checking emails, sending emails, checking football message boards, checking football club websites, seeing who Crawley have just signed on the BBC website .... and about three hours "cramped" at your desk. If offices had a fourth official I guess he'd indicate about five hours of added time.

Longman

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »

One hour for lunch, two fifteen minute breaks, six walks to the coffee machine, numerous needless trips to the toilet, a little bit of unneccessary photocopying, checking texts, sending texts, checking emails, sending emails, checking football message boards, checking football club websites, seeing who Crawley have just signed on the BBC website .... and about three hours "cramped" at your desk. If offices had a fourth official I guess he'd indicate about five hours of added time.

Ha ha, so true!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty's Preperation