PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1000 more supporters for each game
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 1000 more supporters for each game  (Read 8517 times)

Narcissist

Re: 1000 more supporters for each game
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »

You could hardly class us as a well-off part-time team though. Certainly, considering how close we came to extinction, we should be greatful for our current financial state, but the coffers are hardly overflowing.

The fact that we have made a profit for the last few seasons means we are probably better off than most teams in the BSN, BSS, Unibond etc, discounting those with 'sugar daddy's'. We're debt free too.

I'd say that makes us well off in todays climate.

Everything else you said is absolutely spot on, we just need patience. And as you mentioned, thats easy enough to type!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 01:56:40 PM »

I personally think the new toilets and catering can only help; if a parent attends for the first time anf finds dirty unhealthy toilet facilities that the kids need to use , that person is less likely to return than if decent safe facilities are offered. Investment in the ground is IMO as important for the future of the club as investment in the playing side.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hodgey

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 02:19:07 PM »

Up to 4 coming to the game now ...

VofD

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »

Aside from the footballing matters I actually thought the board might use this meeting as an opportunity to sort out some of our manager's petulant behaviour as seen at most games this season. However, it seems that (as expected by most) Geoff has just patted him on the back and effectively condoned the fact that he balloons constantly.

It would now appear that he is untouchable

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 07:09:45 PM »

I cannot over-emphasise how much people aren't interested in watching us play at home to Solihull Moors on a Saturday afternoon.

Never has a nail been more firmly hit on the head.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 09:59:23 PM »

While I welcome Graham Barrow and approve wholeheartedly of his appointment as part of our progression I've always thought Graham Heathcote was considered the best coach at this this level as well as a manager with contacts and the ability to attract players to Alty so I often wonder why he can't do the job on his own as he is full time after all.

For us to compete we have to put in at least a mix of full time players...possibly failed apprentices from city Stockport etc or as seems to be the case a few long term loans from league clubs.....while this is risky re team moral the gamble pay off should be worth it.

And does any self respecting Alty fan not think we are going to have to put up with the occasional stamping of the feet and hissy fit from the 'cote for many years to come? I think we're gonna have to live with it...at least it gives VOD a good meal every 2-3 months.
In some ways i agree with Mr Goodwin in that if we do go down the 'cote would be the man to take us back up.....however we have to continue at least competing at this BSP level (now w've started to compete this season) as ironically if he keeps us up but shows no progress or chink of light that we will kick on to the next level then we should look around for someone who can take us forward.

Ironic then in my opinion that if the manager takes us down he should stay, if he keeps us up but only just then he should stand aside....obviously if we show signs at last of comfortable mid table safety for next year he should stay.

The future looks brighter now though than it did at half time on Boxing day when I walked out having witnessed us hoof the ball, not pass more than two passes (if that) together and get totally outclassed by bottom of the league Vics.

As far as gates go, in this recent form of diabolical football we'd average down to 7/800....competing only just as we seem to have turned the corner, I think we'd attact an average closer to 1000, competing with ease I'd expect average 1,300.... We'd never average much more unless we were top of the league and we'd once again witness a sell out a la Barnet I'm sure (but will we ever reach such dizzy heights again?)
Good post with a degree of fortune telling I see!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1000 more supporters for each game