PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1000 more supporters for each game
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 1000 more supporters for each game  (Read 8519 times)

Hodgey

« on: January 10, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »

That is the figue quote by Mr Goodwin to turn Alty into a poor but full time club. Do you reckon its possible? ...  What if the regular 800 each brought 1 person extra per person. We should test it at the York game to see if we can swell the crowd near 1600?

Butty

Re: 1000 more supporters for each game
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »

well i brought 2 friends to the kidderminster match who loved the atmosphere

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Do you mean this
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »

Heathcote given board's backing
By Connor Murphy
Comment
ALTY chairman Geoff Goodwin said the board were united behind manager Graham Heathcote despite talks being held over his future.

A special board meeting was held on Tuesday to discuss Heathcote's position after he had come in for some strong criticism from fans in recent weeks.

But Goodwin insisted there had never been any doubt in his mind that he was the right man to save Alty from the drop.

He said: "Nothing changes. Graham is the manager, he's got the backing of the board and only time will tell, but I'm confident we'll survive.

"Even if we did go down, I believe he would be the best man to take us right back up again.

"The most positive thing is that everyone in the boardroom wants the same thing. Graham will look for a number two now and we will announce an appointiment in due course.

"There was never any question in my mind that he should stay as manager.

"Sometimes he just feels as if he is pushing uphill because of the part-time situation but he will do all he can to make sure we stay in the Blue Square Premier."

Goodwin also said that turning the club full-time professional in a bid to help it to compete at Blue Square Premier level was not a realistic possibility.

"We will never go full-time because we would need at least another 1,000 fans through the gates for every game and still then we would be one of the poorest full-time clubs in the league. It's just not feasible for the club.

"If an investor comes in and it's what's best for the club then we will welcome them on board. But if they are only going to come for five minutes and leave this club in a mess then we're obviously not interested."

4:11pm today

@AltyDaz

Alty365

Re: Do you mean this
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »

But Goodwin insisted there had never been any doubt in his mind that he was the right man to save Alty from the drop.

He said: "Nothing changes. Graham is the manager, he's got the backing of the board and only time will tell, but I'm confident we'll survive.

"Even if we did go down, I believe he would be the best man to take us right back up again.

Well I never expected him to say that!  ::)

Safest job in football.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »

With the amount of managers who lose their job, is it not refreshing to see such loyalty?

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:29:55 PM »

You only have to look at the attendances at a few of the local lower league teams (esp. Macc and Chester) to see that attendances are the key (or not as the case may be).

It's a drip drip thing though - a bit of extra investment here, a few hundred on the gate, club does better on the pitch, attracts more fans and so one. But I can't honestly see the club ever attracting anything like 2,000 a game with the current 'hotbed' situation in the North West.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »

Aside from the footballing matters I actually thought the board might use this meeting as an opportunity to sort out some of our manager's petulant behaviour as seen at most games this season. However, it seems that (as expected by most) Geoff has just patted him on the back and effectively condoned the fact that he balloons constantly.

bigcol

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

Aside from the footballing matters I actually thought the board might use this meeting as an opportunity to sort out some of our manager's petulant behaviour as seen at most games this season. However, it seems that (as expected by most) Geoff has just patted him on the back and effectively condoned the fact that he balloons constantly.

Alty365 - its a bit like being married without the option of divorce, GH is here to stay so I believe we are better devoting energy and attentions to other areas.  Just my tuppence worth.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »

Meeting took place tuesday morning hence if we lost it might have been his last match and under pressure, It has took 2 days for this statement to become public
@AltyDaz

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »

Alty365 - its a bit like being married without the option of divorce, GH is here to stay so I believe we are better devoting energy and attentions to other areas.  Just my tuppence worth.

I agree mate. It's just a shame that our chairman seems to endorse thuggish behaviour.

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 09:44:52 PM »

In all fairness why did this meeting even take place? Everybody to a man knew what the outcome would be. We all know the Geoff Goodwin script by now, except this time he left out the bits about not being a football man and the standard threat to leave.

Butty

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 09:50:53 PM »

unless he could be treating us to a premiership dismissal(although any dismaissal is highly unlikely):
Classic premiership is newcastle here "Sam Allardyce's job is safe, the board give him a full vote of confidence
a few days later, he is down the job center.
Could this be the gh case (although unlikely)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »

Alty365,

Agree with all your above posts on this subject and that of the manager's embarrassing outbursts.

When I read this article in the Messenger, I was hardly sent reeling away in shock....

Could we not look at the feasibility of developing a combination of part-time and full-time players in our squad?

After all, we already employ a full-time manager.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Stoneacre Lad

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »

This idea of having some but not all full timers sounds a bit suspect to me. From a fitness point of view of course it would benefit the full timers,  but what about working on set pieces, formations etc  - surely all of the squad need to be in the session to understand what the fook is going on ? Also would it not create a bit of a 'us' and 'them' mentality within the squad ?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:01:08 PM »

but what about working on set pieces, formations etc  - surely all of the squad need to be in the session to understand what the fook is going on ?
Not bothered them so far this season ;D ;D ;D ;D
@AltyDaz
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team