PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 get out the main stand and into the golf rd
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: get out the main stand and into the golf rd  (Read 8678 times)

Longman

Re: get out the main stand and into the golf rd
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 08:04:20 PM »

Personally, I find that I get colder sitting down compared to standing when I can at least move around a little. I hate sitting down at football.

Sitting down at football is awful, the fact that you can stand on the terrace is one of the many reasons I love watching Alty!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »

6 substitutions @ 30 seconds each, a couple of lengthy bookings and treatment to Tom Cahill.Easily five mins. It wasn't that he added too much but that most refs don't add enough.

Spot on.....it's all about consistency!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »

6 substitutions @ 30 seconds each, a couple of lengthy bookings and treatment to Tom Cahill.Easily five mins. It wasn't that he added too much but that most refs don't add enough.

A comment I seem to recall having made when attempting to explain the 6 minutes stoppage time at the Weymouth match. I recall that it was not very well received at the time by certain of my AFC supporting colleagues

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »

I find that sitting on George Heslop's lap does ward off the chill somewhat....

I'd have thought that would have given you the shivers (was going to say that would put the willies up you, but......).

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Butty

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 02:42:52 PM »

exactly.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »

A comment I seem to recall having made when attempting to explain the 6 minutes stoppage time at the Weymouth match. I recall that it was not very well received at the time by certain of my AFC supporting colleagues

Again...it's all about consistency.The referee also played six minutes over in our FA Trophy match against Aylesbury about 5 years ago, when there were numerous stoppages (including one for the injury that ended Danny Murphy's Alty career) as well as the usual substitutions.The referee should have allocated about 14 minutes injury time.......6 was literally unbelievable & one of the worst pieces of officiating I have ever seen.....unforgiveable!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »

Again...it's all about consistency.The referee also played six minutes over in our FA Trophy match against Aylesbury about 5 years ago, when there were numerous stoppages (including one for the injury that ended Danny Murphy's Alty career) as well as the usual substitutions.The referee should have allocated about 14 minutes injury time.......6 was literally unbelievable & one of the worst pieces of officiating I have ever seen.....unforgiveable!

Brian,

Easy, tiger...

Let it lie!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Foz

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »

Indeed Phil, however, what does seem to irk people is this 'consistency' only seems to happen in games we are winning! (I am aware this may be partly due to us noticing it more when we are winning)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:13:29 PM by Foz »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 08:04:04 PM »

Brian,

Easy, tiger...

Let it lie!

Closure has been achieved!

nimega

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »

I ain't bringing my 2 year old son nor my 4 year old daughter anywhere near you horrible, smelly, swearing Golf Rd people for a good few years !!  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 12:26:29 PM »

I ain't bringing my 2 year old son nor my 4 year old daughter anywhere near you horrible, smelly, swearing Golf Rd people for a good few years !!  ;D

Oi. I don't swear.

nimega

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 12:30:48 PM »

Oi. I don't swear.

maybe you smell then :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 01:03:24 PM »

Thanks for that. i hadn't thought of the punchline.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 get out the main stand and into the golf rd