PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match  (Read 21141 times)

crossie

Re: GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »

If Alty sack Gh we will be in trouble as know-on will want to take over a part-time team in a full time league with very little funds avalible.

Utter drivel.

How is it?
GH knows the history behind the club, he's been a player and is now the manager, and he successfully got us promoted. Can you think of any manager currently out of work, who would really want to come hear, where there are hardly any funds to buy players in, so that we can stay up. If you ask me if any of the other manager in the conference who found them selfs in the position we are in, they would have packed their bags and walked months ago. However, GH knows the majority of fans are behind him so he has chossen to stay.

Stoneacre Lad

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »

FFS, we are now seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with regard to some potentially half decent loan signings coupled with moving out of relegation zone. Surely now is the time to put the bickering behind us and concentrate on getting behind GH with a view to staying in this league. Of courses theres a long way to go but for the first time this season Im feeling optimistic about staying up. Very impressed with G. Barrow coming in as assistant, this could be the shrewdest move of all.   

Dougals Dad

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »

If Alty sack Gh we will be in trouble as know-on will want to take over a part-time team in a full time league with very little funds avalible.

Utter drivel.

How is it?
. Can you think of any manager currently out of work, who would really want to come hear, where there are hardly any funds to buy players in, so that we can stay up.

Sam Allardyce?  ;)

JT

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »

One thing... why the hell were people criticising GH when it was 0-0 FFS?! Leave him alone and let him do his sodding job. He isn't going to be able to concentrate properly if he has pillocks behind him who call themselves alty fans and think they can do a better job than him! Get off grahams back and get supporting the team. And if you dont think you can hold yourself back from shouting 'advice' then go and stand in the sodding golf road end. We have taken 6 points from the last possible 9, good loan signings, the spirit we all want to see in the players for coming back from a goal down, and what sounds like a good new assistant. Things are looking up for one of the first times this season, so can we not just get on with what we are meant to be doing..supporting the team?

Alty365

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »

I think a certain amount of clarification is required here, at least this is how I see it:

GH has done brilliantly so far in bringing in the right players to turn our fortunes around and also in improving our performances. It is clear from what people have said about last night that the footballing side of things is finally starting to look good.

The only annoying thing is that week after week these petulant reactions to idiots in the crowd are making GH look rather silly and there is no need for it. Other managers deal with exactly the same kind of pressure week in, week out and I just wish ours could do the same.

Once again, congratulations are due to GH in no small amount for starting to turn things around. Just try to be a bit more professional in the way you conduct yourself - listening to the BBC Hereford & Worcester commentators chuckling about what happened was just a touch embarrassing and gives the club the wrong image.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »

I think a certain amount of clarification is required here, at least this is how I see it:

GH has done brilliantly so far in bringing in the right players to turn our fortunes around and also in improving our performances. It is clear from what people have said about last night that the footballing side of things is finally starting to look good.

The only annoying thing is that week after week these petulant reactions to idiots in the crowd are making GH look rather silly and there is no need for it. Other managers deal with exactly the same kind of pressure week in, week out and I just wish ours could do the same.

Once again, congratulations are due to GH in no small amount for starting to turn things around. Just try to be a bit more professional in the way you conduct yourself - listening to the BBC Hereford & Worcester commentators chuckling about what happened was just a touch embarrassing and gives the club the wrong image.

Another good post.

It's ironic that this is the same manager who gave such good value on out televised game on Setanta

penfold

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2008, 07:32:34 PM »

One thing... why the hell were people criticising GH when it was 0-0 FFS?! Leave him alone and let him do his sodding job. He isn't going to be able to concentrate properly if he has pillocks behind him who call themselves alty fans and think they can do a better job than him! Get off grahams back and get supporting the team. And if you dont think you can hold yourself back from shouting 'advice' then go and stand in the sodding golf road end. We have taken 6 points from the last possible 9, good loan signings, the spirit we all want to see in the players for coming back from a goal down, and what sounds like a good new assistant. Things are looking up for one of the first times this season, so can we not just get on with what we are meant to be doing..supporting the team?

Totaly Agree. Lets forget what these so called alty fans who sit in the main stand, think about GH. He is doing a great job and at this time, the fans need to get behind the player, the manager and all other club officials, so that we stay out of relegation and get some more points with the loan signings we have been gifted with.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008, 08:05:41 PM »

Totaly Agree. Lets forget what these so called alty fans who sit in the main stand, think about GH. He is doing a great job and at this time, the fans need to get behind the player, the manager and all other club officials, so that we stay out of relegation and get some more points with the loan signings we have been gifted with.

I think that to call people 'so called alty fans' because they happen to sit in the stand is disrespectful and unrealistic.

These people pay their money, either by way of a season ticket or on a match by match basis and are entitled to their view even if it is sometimes wrong.

Many of these people have been watching Alty for decades and have progressed from standing on the terrace to sitting, some for reasons of their health.

JT

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »

I think that to call people 'so called alty fans' because they happen to sit in the stand is disrespectful and unrealistic.

These people pay their money, either by way of a season ticket or on a match by match basis and are entitled to their view even if it is sometimes wrong.

Many of these people have been watching Alty for decades and have progressed from standing on the terrace to sitting, some for reasons of their health.
No i didn't mean it in that way because they sit in the stand, sorry if people did take that the wrong way

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

I have sat in the main stand or the last couple of games, generaly the Alty supporters get behid the team.

There is a lady that continually shouts the team down, such as you donkey tinno etc.

Whilst she has paid her money, it doesnt help the team.

The acoustics in there direct the sound to the front, which must annoy GH.

In the right position the view of the game is excellent and you can see where we are making the mistakes and the positive moves.

penfold

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »

[/quote]

O Sod off it wasnt meant in that way fool, i was refering to the people who sit there all game and do nothing but moan about the manager and the players. It was not directed to be a disrespectful comment it was a way of getting a point across about the people who were slagging GH for no appatent reason, I quote in captials "NOT DIRRECTED AT ALL MAIN STAND FANs". I know some people in that particular area of Moss Lane have to sit down due to their age or health. When people like you come out and go all polically correct and say that type of comment its the reason why this country has gone down the S*itter, in the past decade!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »

Utter drivel.

How is it?
GH knows the history behind the club, he's been a player and is now the manager, and he successfully got us promoted. Can you think of any manager currently out of work, who would really want to come hear, where there are hardly any funds to buy players in, so that we can stay up. If you ask me if any of the other manager in the conference who found them selfs in the position we are in, they would have packed their bags and walked months ago. However, GH knows the majority of fans are behind him so he has chossen to stay.

OK, a hypothetical scenario:

Let's say that GH decides to leave his post at Moss Lane for whatever reason e.g. personal/family/football/health.

We know that one day this event will happen because (unless he is hiding something from us!) he is not immortal.

Are you seriously suggesting that if the Board advertised the vacant post of manager, not a single soul would apply for the job?

It would surely appeal to a host of prospective managers, whether they were experienced or just making their way in the game or employed elsewhere as a manager or even 'inbetween jobs'.

It seems to me that it is an insult to the current Board to say that nobody would want to work for them after they have done so much to put this club on such a sound financial footing.
After all, any new manager would inherit an honest and dedicated Board of Directors; a club in a healthier financial situation than it has experienced for years and a loyal fanbase who are (largely) incredibly tolerant and understanding of the difficulties faced by the club at this level of the Non League structure.

If coming to Alty is so unattractive, what on earth is Graham Barrow thinking by joining us?

So, please....let's bury this myth that nobody would take on the job if GH left.

Altrincham FC is bigger than any individual.
Even Ian Tunnacliffe.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »

Perhaps you could have expressed yourself in a manner less open to misinterpretation then?

VofD

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »

Heathcote is out of control and neither the Chairman nor  the Board have the b***s to tell him to mind his behaviour. This is just another incident to add to his list : remember the first game this season versus Exeter: remember Kendal : remember the public brawl with match sponsor Dave Treacy : remember the FA Cup Tie at Lancaster etc etc .  Are we passionate fans to stand or sit there and say nowt whilst he berates all and sunder, especially the match officials.He is an embarrassment to the club and in my view the sooner he goes the better. Over to you Graham Barrow.....................

crossie

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2008, 08:39:11 PM »

Can i jst say, first of all if GH was to leave his position durring this season and i quote "this season", i do believe that it would go to the assistant manager, or a experiaced one, due to the fact that the club were fighting for servival. I do not feel the board would allow for a new manager with little experiace to take over, on the terms of the fans and what is in the best interest for the club. However, if we were to do into the dark and dismall conference north, and GH left, then any manager would be welcome becasue it is a chance to prove your self  that you are cut out to be a manager.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH keep your gob shut and concentrate on the match