News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Tactics.......

Author Topic: Heathcotes Tactics.......  (Read 1712 times)

Longman

« on: January 05, 2008, 07:10:54 PM »

Were sadly wanting today in my opinion!

1. Why when we were 2-0 down at half time and looking absolutely NOTHING like scoring did he not change things!??  There was no way we were going to come out and score two the way we were playing!!!

2. Why were the subs he made O' Neil for Mcfadden and Young for King, as if bringing Joe on for Pat is going to suddenly get us goals??  He needed to switch the system up, we looked static and clueless as we were!

3.  Why wait till we were 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go did he bring Logan on??  What the f*ck is the point, the game is over, if he's going to bring him on then bring him on at half time and give him 45 mins to get at them!!

He should have changed things at half time, at 2-0 down you have to come out and get at them, as it was we came out even worse than we started and just let them attack us.  I would have brought Logan on and taken off King (who I thought was pretty poor) and played a sort of 4-3-3, at least we would of had a go!!!  As it was we didn't have a go and still got hammered, I know this subject of being more attacking and getting beaten gallantly, instead of just defending and still getting beat, has been raised before, but for crying out loud why don't we!!??

We were clueless today, I think we only had three players in their box once from open play!!!

Oh yeah and finally that Yemi is a diving little cheat! Absolute disgrace he is!!   >:(

Longman

Re: Heathcotes Tactics.......
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »

Also one other point, I thought we missed Littel today (and of course Senior) sadly Pat looked out of his depth today, a little flat footed, although the service to him was dire!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »

Any of the new lads showed any promise?

Longman

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:21:38 PM »

Any of the new lads showed any promise?

Sadly not mate, Shotton and Jennings were probably the best two (although they didn't really play well), thought King looked very sluggish and Cahill and Toulson were quiet.  Peyton was probably our best player, worked hard all game, we were very poor, very poor.

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »

1. Why when we were 2-0 down at half time and looking absolutely NOTHING like scoring did he not change things!??  There was no way we were going to come out and score two the way we were playing!!!

2. Why were the subs he made O' Neil for Mcfadden and Young for King, as if bringing Joe on for Pat is going to suddenly get us goals??  He needed to switch the system up, we looked static and clueless as we were!

3.  Why wait till we were 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go did he bring Logan on??  What the f*ck is the point, the game is over, if he's going to bring him on then bring him on at half time and give him 45 mins to get at them!!

He should have changed things at half time, at 2-0 down you have to come out and get at them, as it was we came out even worse than we started and just let them attack us.  I would have brought Logan on and taken off King (who I thought was pretty poor) and played a sort of 4-3-3, at least we would of had a go!!!  As it was we didn't have a go and still got hammered, I know this subject of being more attacking and getting beaten gallantly, instead of just defending and still getting beat, has been raised before, but for crying out loud why don't we!!??

We were clueless today, I think we only had three players in their box once from open play!!!

Oh yeah and finally that Yemi is a diving little cheat! Absolute disgrace he is!!   >:(

I agree up to a point (i.e. Logan should have been on earlier & I could not see the point in bringing O'Neill on for McFads (but then I wasn't there).

However, as the commentary said, we did not go there to draw, so I would suggest from that that GH was already looking to attack from the off.

Longman

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »

I agree up to a point (i.e. Logan should have been on earlier & I could not see the point in bringing O'Neill on for McFads (but then I wasn't there).

However, as the commentary said, we did not go there to draw, so I would suggest from that that GH was already looking to attack from the off.

Believe me we didn't attack them, not in the slightest, we went forward a couple of times in a very cagey manner resulting in a couple of scuffed shots from outisde the box.  It was obvious we were never going to score!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team