PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reality check!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Reality check!!  (Read 11595 times)

Foz

Re: Reality check!!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »

The roof is closed? When did we roof it?

It's not roofed, I think what Foz means is that the loophole of clubs trying to get cheaper ticket prices for their away fans due to our lack of shelter provided for them has closed.

Think that's right anyway Foz?
Yes, sorry, I edited original message to try to clarify.

Moomin Papa

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »

Loophole? I dont understand!

Foz

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »

Loophole? I dont understand!

A loophole is a (usually) legal term for a way of getting around a rule or law.

Moomin Papa

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

Yeah, but what about a roof?

Butty

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »

this is an interesting debate. Personally, I woulden't risk going full time on the example of other clubd. As said before, it is a vicuios circle. I know, like ecky said, that we will not compete next year, especially if full time clubs come up, but we could go full time, stay up and then not have a football club left to support. I know it sounds negative, but maybe in the next frew years we will end up back in regional football. Also with the first post, how many other players in this league would even have 5 minutes to talk to you?

Moomin Papa

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »

Another interesting debate is jam.

Do you like jam butty?

RocketDan

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 06:33:35 PM »

i think we have to be getting 1,500 home fans (+ whatever the away team bring) to most matches before we should consider going full time.
Unless we are getting big gates i cant see where the money is going to come from.......

I think its worth considering that the main point of going full time...... what do you guys think it would be?? In my eyes going full time suggests that we should start making a push for promotion (something that i don't expect to seewithout some serious investment) Is theres any point of going full time only to find we finish 14th every season???

strong black coffee

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 06:37:57 PM »

There was also the mention of some full time players and some part time. All the loanees are full time and Greg Young has been playing at a full time club. So are we doing this in stages?

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 06:57:32 PM »

All the full-timers trained last night, so I think you could term them "part-time full timers". Sounds right I think?

Longman

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »

All the full-timers trained last night, so I think you could term them "part-time full timers". Sounds right I think?

Do you notice any difference in training to their fitness or ability etc?  How do the new lads seem to be settling in?

Butty

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »

and what/where are these full timers training?

The Fan

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 12:51:45 PM »

My suggestion is Timperley Sports Club. Two state of the art synthetic pitches (not hard on the kness) and two huge grass fields maintained by a groundstaff. Not used at all during the day and I know a good deal could be done.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »

Timperley Sports Club's astro pitches are verging on the dangerous! No professional outfit could ever train on them...getting through a 20 minute leisure league game unscathed is a minor miracle! 

Whoever bought them must be looking over towards BTH with a severe case of green eyed monster! The facilities there are world class!

Shame the cricket pitches at Timp. aren't put to better use though...they could be brilliant sufaces given the right attention.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2008, 07:16:03 PM »

"Full Time" Vics training at BTH 3 days a week I believe.

crossie

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2008, 07:59:54 PM »

Timperley Sports Club's astro pitches are verging on the dangerous! No professional outfit could ever train on them...getting through a 20 minute leisure league game unscathed is a minor miracle! 

Whoever bought them must be looking over towards BTH with a severe case of green eyed monster! The facilities there are world class!

Shame the cricket pitches at Timp. aren't put to better use though...they could be brilliant sufaces given the right attention.

I dont think they are that bad, they have only jst been re-made, and i trained on them all last season and felt they were gd, except when it was icey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reality check!!