News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not our day?? Get real!

Author Topic: Not our day?? Get real!  (Read 2109 times)

Narcissist

Not our day?? Get real!
« on: December 29, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »

Once again people seem intent on describing another drubbing as 'not our day' and 'we were better than the score suggests'.

Fact: The only other team to ship 5 goals at home today was Farsley, who also happen to be in the bottom 5.

Fact: Teams who are half decent don't have 'not our day' performances week in week out.

Fable: We are better than our results suggest.

Fable: GH is the man to keep us up this season.

No offence to GH but he cannot keep us up this season. If the club has any ambition they will let him go.

markecky

Re: Not our day?? Get real!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »

If you mean me, I said it was never a 5-1 game which is was not. 

At one stage Stevenage were on the ropes.  We do not have the quality to finsh teams off.

They had about 6 chances and scored 5, we had about 5 and scored 1 through an own goal.

**didn't read JT's post so maybe you didnt mean me...luck was nothing to do with today.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

They were clinical today as you would expect from a top 3 team.

You are correct we are not good enough, but at least they tried today.

Personally 5-1 was a bit harsh, but that happens when we are at the bottom, every intercepted ball squirmed to the other team.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 09:25:02 PM »

We got beat by a clinical side today.

BUT

We put the effort in and at the end of the day if we try our hardest and still get beat then so be it.

If we get beat and dont try then that is pathetic.

Never expected anyhting from today.

I think we toiled hard and played well in patches.

And the guy who stood to the left of me slagging every player off in the second half is just a f*cking tool. One week he slags of Robbie, next O'Neill, today it was everything we did poorly he slagged us off.

James Black

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:43:54 PM »

it was like i said to pat mcfadden and mike in the bar after the game we never deserved to get beat 5-1 yes maybe we did on wednesday and probably wednesdays scoreline for today  sh*t players + supporters = northwich vics

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 01:50:09 AM »

There is no point sacking the manager unless they can replace him with someone better. Graham is much more than just a manager, he is doing an impossible job with no money and players who can only train twice a week. Automatic promotion and relegation has raised the standard in this division. The club can't compete at this level as part timers. The choice has to be made - go full time and try to recapture the good old days when Altrincham were the best non league club in England or drop down a division and play local games against teams most people have never heard of.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 08:39:22 AM »

I think between going behind and drawing level, we played well and put them under a lot of pressure.  But then the heads dropped and things fell apart.  5-1 was a tad unfair but we were well beaten.

The main issue for me is the lack of spirit compared to the last two seasons.  We've had some hammerings since getting promoted, but then there was always the spirit and character to bounce back, not least at home. That seems to have drained away. 

We cannot go full time unless a sugar daddy comes in to give us half a million a year - and that will not last in the long run. 

I agree with Jenga about the heckling of players - there was one guy who just slated the players before they'd even done anything wrong at times.  Pathetic.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 10:32:12 AM »

First half we were the better side, que silly mistake just before half time ... Then the obvious hammering and showing why they are going for promotion (GREAT SUPPORT FOR A PLAY OFF SIDE ????) and we are struggling so much.

I was encouraged by the first half fight and determination. Was good to see some challenges going in, I can't remember a single hard challenge against Northiwich ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not our day?? Get real!