PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The club is at a cross roads - AND WE NEED ACTION
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The club is at a cross roads - AND WE NEED ACTION  (Read 6565 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:30:03 AM »

We have the chairman in the paper sayiing he wants to take it full time, thats great,how is it funded? We need to add some local financial heavyweights on to the board of this football club.We live in the richest area ouside the south east of england,yet we continue to struggle.

Graham souness is a local man, lives off broadway in hale,its been well publicised that he and a group of pals want to get involved in a football club, I think they may have been aiming a little higher profile, but has anyone actively gone out of their way to find out?

Altrincham football club is now an attractive purchase/investment, no debt,money in the bank,decent stadium, if people are out there that can buy northwich f**king victoria, a bankrupt embrassment of a club, that should really have been wound up years ago, then surely football people with the finance could be invited on board here at moss lane.

Funds need to be made available in the next three weeks to bring in some quality players,and we either act now, or face another six years off the radar with gates of 600.

Jenga

Re: The club is at a cross roads - AND WE NEED ACTION
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »

Would be an interesting prospect, especially as Mr Goodwin has said this is his last season.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:33:28 AM »

"We live in the richest area ouside the south east of england,yet we continue to struggle."

This is something I have never understood as well, surely there are alot of prospective local rich people who can view Alty FC as a decent investment!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:49:14 PM »

There are few clubs that are an investment, the rewards come in other areas?

We do need a benefactor, but why we never get one who knows?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:07:25 PM »

please don't underestimate the amount of money the goodwins and the rowleys have spent.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 02:14:50 PM »

Yes, that's a very good point. Both have supported the club a hell of a lot. And I love them to be honest with you.   :)

I think here though we are talking about investment on an entirely different level.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:17:55 PM »

My sentiments exactly, they need further assistance.

What they have achieved is truly fantastic.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »

"We live in the richest area ouside the south east of england,yet we continue to struggle."

This is something I have never understood as well, surely there are alot of prospective local rich people who can view Alty FC as a decent investment!

I think there are only about three or four clubs in the whole country that rank as a 'decent investment' in terms of actually making money.

As to why we get no 'investment' is quite simple, those with the cash aren't the type of people that think bankrolling a non-league football club is a great way to spend their money.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Not Alty but well Salty

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

We have the chairman in the paper sayiing he wants to take it full time, thats great,how is it funded? We need to add some local financial heavyweights on to the board of this football club.We live in the richest area ouside the south east of england,yet we continue to struggle.

Graham souness is a local man, lives off broadway in hale,its been well publicised that he and a group of pals want to get involved in a football club, I think they may have been aiming a little higher profile, but has anyone actively gone out of their way to find out?

Altrincham football club is now an attractive purchase/investment, no debt,money in the bank,decent stadium, if people are out there that can buy northwich f**king victoria, a bankrupt embrassment of a club, that should really have been wound up years ago, then surely football people with the finance could be invited on board here at moss lane.

Funds need to be made available in the next three weeks to bring in some quality players,and we either act now, or face another six years off the radar with gates of 600.

Sad to read such an angry posting-
Firstly do you really think mean Mr Souness (yes, I know someone whom he seriously cut up by the High Legh tunnel once) will throw cash at a non-league club?
Also, if we are such an embarassment (to put it it more politely) why do we attract your best turn-out`s home and away?

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »

Vics have more potential to attract crowds than alty in the future.

A benefactor will begin the financial loop again that ends in suporters trust saving the club, forget it!

We need new young, fresh management!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

Sad to read such an angry posting-
Firstly do you really think mean Mr Souness (yes, I know someone whom he seriously cut up by the High Legh tunnel once) will throw cash at a non-league club?
Also, if we are such an embarassment (to put it it more politely) why do we attract your best turn-out`s home and away?

Four manchester business men have taken over such a scandel hit club such as northwich, which is like flogging a dead horse, so why wouldnt he or others be interrsted in being involved in a club thats solvent?

if we are such an embarassment (to put it it more politely) why do we attract your best turn-out`s home and away?

Because your eleven miles away,why do you think?, your a club that shouldnt even be in business, nevermind taking part in conference national fixtures,result aside, your club is a true example of all thats bad about football at this level

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »

crowds are always bigger on boxing day.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 03:39:33 PM »

I think Geoff's comments were trying again to state how hard it is to compete in this league. maybe the move towards taking a number of players full time, maybe 5 or 6. That is not the answer, unfortunately the answer is money, something we as a club do not have much of - having relied for so long on a half decent bunch of players looking like they want to play for this club. The last few seasons have been extreemly annoying to watch as we dont seem to have tackled the problem. Most players are around for the money, we simply cannot compete with other clubs to get the best players. Therefore it comes down to the management to do their homework in getting the players ready both in terms of fitness and mental preperation.

I was asked on saturday if a "sugar daddy" type investment would help, the money could buy lots of decent players, and take us further up the league (look at accrington, FGR etc) but someday that bloke will get board and bugger off to bognor regis, (examples alty, northwich, rushden, canvey island etc). We should be aiming for more local development with the number of schools/colleges/universities around. The current board have done a fantastic job in paying off the previous regime's financial accounting style, and it looks like we certainly need someone to come in and take us further. Unfortunately, im still paying off my student debt.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »

Taking over a football club is very very rarely an investment. The only way this would be an investment is by, for instance,  selling the ground for development - but we don't own the ground!

Ashley Alty

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »

Why do we need inverstment by a benefactor or rich person?  That way is unsustainable.  We don't want to be taken over by one of those "My Football Game" 70,000 owners type things.  What we need is a sustainable, affordable, sensible budget.  Brentford and Stockport can do it, so can Alty.  We can all own AFC, as true fans of our Club not some rich person who just want a toy for a few years, AFC is just too important for that. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team