Pottsy
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pottsy  (Read 5456 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pottsy
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »

Devastated tou're goin Pottsy, like Ecky says, legend status isn't given out very lightly but you definately are one. Think you've been treated harshly, if a new player had come in and played like you did pre season we'd have been raving about him forever. I don't agree with it but look after yourself and get playing again mate. Hope hte knee sorts itself out. Keep fit, you never know might be a conf north team looking for a good right winger NEXT year.  ;)

Ledge.

p.s. I'll think of you everytime I see Preston losing on Soccer Saturday.   ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 11:49:04 PM »

No disrespect to Pottsy who has been an absolute star for Alty and maybe it's because I've been watching for more years than I'd really like to admit to but the word legend is used far too frequently now and, if you consider Kingy, JR, John Davison Jackie Swindells etc to be true legends then I'm afraid Pottsy doesn't quite reach that esteemed level.

Perhaps, in true innovative Alty fashion, we could have Legend 1st Class, Legend 2nd Class etc. all the way down to Wayne Entwistle or Colin Williams???

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 12:22:12 AM »

No disrespect to Pottsy who has been an absolute star for Alty and maybe it's because I've been watching for more years than I'd really like to admit to but the word legend is used far too frequently now and, if you consider Kingy, JR, John Davison Jackie Swindells etc to be true legends then I'm afraid Pottsy doesn't quite reach that esteemed level.

Perhaps, in true innovative Alty fashion, we could have Legend 1st Class, Legend 2nd Class etc. all the way down to Wayne Entwistle or Colin Williams???

For once, I find myself in agreement with Mister Taylor.

Pottsy was an integral part of the 2004/2005 side that won promotion via the play-offs and set up countless goals for Little and Hallows.....but the term "legend" is being bandied about too lightly here.

Now, if you're talking wingers, Barry Howard is a Moss Lane legend.... 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 07:05:48 AM »

I disagree, whilst few players reach the heights of Howard, Showler, Kingy etc the significance of wht the 2005 team achieved should not be over estimated. Few have matched their heart and few have matched their achievements in dragging the club back from obscurity and back on its feet.

In over 20 years of watching Alty that's probably the team I feel most thankful for. The hearts of Coburn, Maddox, Scott, Potts, Owen and Hussin are not lightly replaced as we see with the current outfit.

Narcissist

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »

Great, a good thread to make sure pottsy knew how much we appreciated all he did for us (ie getting us back in the conf) and many fans confirming that his efforts and standout skill elevate him to an alty legend and you come along and ruin it with the usual negative crap that contents itself in your posts! what a pr1ck!

If you are going to have these opinions start another thread instead of ruining a tribute thread. Hopefully a moderator will take this post down because of the offense it causes you and take yours with it you tw@t!

Air horns forever!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »

Football all about opinions and who you have been able to see ....

Pottsy IS an Alty Legend for me for his ability on the pitch and for being so approachable off it.  For me its about both sides, ability and how you are as a person.
Pottsy will ALWAYS be welcome back to Moss Lane by me and hope he does come back for maybe a 'supoorters' game or a future Legends XI game ??

I'm sure Altrincham FC are allowed to have a few legends ... and people will always agree or disagree on players. Sure you'll all agree that Barry Crowe is a TRUE legend  ;D ;D

seasonticket

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

If we continue to give all and sundry the legend status someone is sure to come up with Justin Bowler

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »

I don't think Justin would be happy about being downgraded to a legend.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »

Great, a good thread to make sure pottsy knew how much we appreciated all he did for us (ie getting us back in the conf) and many fans confirming that his efforts and standout skill elevate him to an alty legend and you come along and ruin it with the usual negative crap that contents itself in your posts! what a pr1ck!

If you are going to have these opinions start another thread instead of ruining a tribute thread. Hopefully a moderator will take this post down because of the offense it causes you and take yours with it you tw@t!

Air horns forever!

Which part of ATS's opening line did you fail to comprehend?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pottsy