Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!  (Read 6011 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

i think i heard something similar, i think thats a stupid rule especially this close to so many big games (not just for us but the fixture list through out the league over christmas has some must win match ups in it)

Setanta and Blue Square are putting money into the Conference which was not there before (Sky did the odd match but it really was a very rare happening and generally was more slanted toward the big clubs than the Setanta deal everyone is moaning about.

The Old Conference Cup (which I recall had about 5 names in it's last season due to people going bust etc), the equivalent of the Setanta Shield was regarded in the same way as the big Premiership sides view the League Cup and was hugely abused with Clubs putting out youth teams etc. as evidenced by the final being attended by about 1200 people and being between Stalybridge and Woking I think.

It is therefore only reasonable for them (Setanta and Blue Square) to expect that Clubs will put out a strong team.

The definition of a strong team is very much of a movable feast so, again it is good sense for a minimum required standard to be set as it has been in this case .

Playing devils advocate (please note that this is not my personal view so don't bite my head off) one could say that a Club with the ability to afford a squad of only 15-20 players shouldn't really be in the Conference National and arguably shouldn't be in the Conference set up at all.

The competition is being played on a Saturday to give supporters the chance to attend matches which time constraints midweek may prevent them doing.

I'm as Alty mad as the next person but the concept espoused that we care about is Alty and not about any other Club or League or about a Competition we are no longer in, in my view makes us poorer people and poorer football fans

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

I can understand why Setanta what the clubs to put out strong teams (they are televising it afterall) but I have and always will be a believer of clubs being able to put out what players they like.

as much as I can't stand some Premiership clubs I don't understand why people moan when they put out weakened teams in competitions .. Surely that should give the team they are playing a better chance and only handicap themselves ?

Now we if played anything but full strength in the Cheshire Senior Cup I would be moaning  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!