Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!  (Read 6012 times)

James Black

alty fans new song 4 u instead of heathcote he's the greatest manager in the world how about most clueless

markecky

James,

Have you just discovered cider?

Alex

Problem being I can never see Whalley playing two games in a row as tends to get injured to easy.

i think he was fit yesterday because he got confussed when he saw the camera gantrys being built and thought he was going to be on tele  ;)

don't rele want to comment on the game because it's starting to sound like a broken record on here (i know people are just venting there frustrations and this is the place to do it) but i will just say my short piece, teams we play seem to put half chances in the back of the net and we don't. and would like to say nice goal by colin (even if it turned out to be a concelation). ah well onwards and upwards big game next vs v*cs (i say this because i consider the sultana shield a waste of time and that the CSC is more important than this stupid competitions, i hope GH rests a few players i.e. switch 5 starters to the bench and makes sure the lads are as ready for northwich as jake sedgemore sounded on saturday night (even if he was slightly out of it) and i quote "yeh we'll beat those green'ns i've score against 'em b4 i'll do it again"

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

(i say this because i consider the sultana shield a waste of time and that the CSC is more important than this stupid competitions, i hope GH rests a few players i.e. switch 5 starters to the bench and makes sure the lads are as ready for northwich

I may be wrong here.....but doesn't one of the rules of the Setanta Shield state that you must field eight of the 11 players who started the previous game?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 12:19:40 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

i think i heard something similar, i think thats a stupid rule especially this close to so many big games (not just for us but the fixture list through out the league over christmas has some must win match ups in it)

Unemployed Coalminer

How is resting part-time palyers going to keep them match fit?

Alex

it allows them to recover it also means that they won't get injured in a meaningless game

Jezza

I haven't been to a single game this season so my opinion is completely irrelevant.

I think rosie was the breaking up player you need in front of the back 4...shame he's gone.

I think Logan needs a run to build up his match fitness...he should have got 10 mins first game, 20 mins 2nd game etc etc.

Defensively we need to tighten and playing rosie in front with senior as lone front man in front of Lawton centre, logan and (whalley/val/pottsy for 20 mins) would give us the clean sheets that would have given us an extra few 0-0 draws to get us out of the mire....no points is pointless but a point every game will see us safe.

Then when we get against a team in the bottom 8 or so we go for it 3-4-3 home or away!!!!

wibble

Unemployed Coalminer

it allows them to recover it also means that they won't get injured in a meaningless game

they only play once a week

Alex

Jezza you arn't by any chance sporting this look today are you? ;)

Alex

they only play once a week

but over christmas there playing, on the saturday,wednesday,saturday,tuesday,saturday so i thought they could do without the meaningless trophy

Unemployed Coalminer

playing keeps you fit and sharp. resting makes you fat and lazy.

Alex

even premier league players rest over the christmas period and operate rotation, my fear is that we only have 15 fit players and that we might get injurys against nuneaton that could be avoided

Unemployed Coalminer

the fat, lazy bastards

Alex

if you want to tell that to them be my guest  ;D i know what your saying about match fitness and sharpness and at any other part of the season i would agree with you but we have so many fixtures in the next two weeks that i feel the players need to recover where possible, and then we can be fresh enough after christmas to kick on from our 6pts off the green slime and go about avoiding the drop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd rather us go down playing attacking footy, then this sh*te !!! CHANGE IT !!!